NHK World Perhaps?

Spend $60 on a Roku.

These feeds are available without a recurring revenue commitment - from multiple sources. All available on a PC but the Roku brings it to one's TV.

Not the greatest PQ but it works just fine. BBC International looks fine. The live feeds from Japan in English also look fine. Catching news via Al Jezeera (english) is also available.

Along with live news feeds from any international source imaginable.

Yup; I have it since I have EA. But I couldn't get it to switch to English, without doing a lot of fumbling in the receiver's menus. When I selected "Japanese", it switched from Japanese to another language that I didn't recognize.

TV Japan is showing something else with the English audio (set up to Japanese on the STB). If you want to see the correct video for the english audio go to NHK WORLD English Very high quality video and audio (when choosing the 512k option).

Tons of TV Japan customers will demand a refund paying expensive dollars for a 24 hour news channel that only worth nothing.

If you live in a big populated Japanese city, you will get NHK World on Digital or Cable-Digital.

sbsi said:
Tons of TV Japan customers will demand a refund paying expensive dollars for a 24 hour news channel that only worth nothing.

If you live in a big populated Japanese city, you will get NHK World on Digital or Cable-Digital.

It's only temporary, I'm sure the free TV Japan will be shut down within a week. It's also not a 24 hour news channel, it normally has quite a variety of programming.

Tomorrow is the last day, but the tv guide for TV Japan say "News" instead of the other programming description.

So sad, Japanese TV are consider the worst in the TV market for U.S. viewers. All other countries launch their own overseas television station except Japan, only limits NHK Programming and raising the price $25 a channel. NHK ratings are not the highest in Japan.

When I watch the news on TV Japan, NHK limits the footage shown on television. They might be hiding something, but the clips from other TV stations (Fujisankei, TBS, NTV) in Japan shows the actual amazing footage

If you live in Hawaii, you can get NGN for $25 a month, 3 channels with all the drama series w/Eng sub, shows and entertainment. Also, NHK NEWS.

I called Dish twice this eve. about why 640 was still scrambled on the West Coast...the CSR said he understood that other carriers were charging to open their carriage (i.e. Comcast, AT&T). All I know is that I can watch NHK World (English) on my PC at: NHK WORLD English . I would much have preferred for Dish to open 640 but as long as I have the PC option I guess it will have to do for now.

I'd love it if DISH added the HD feed of this channel. We definitely need more options for news. In the early moments of the Japan earthquake CNN was the only source I could find. MSNBC wasn't on, which is the only other source currently available.