NHL 2007-08 Season

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings. :)
It turned out to be a very good series...one the Wings needed to keep them sharp for their face off with Pittsburgh come Saturday. The Stars have a good mix of veteran players, developing young talent, a solid coaching staff, and good owners and management. They should be a top condender next season.

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings. :)

Thanks Neutron,
Will you continue to watch the playoffs now that your team is not in it ?
If so, who are you rooting for ?

Had the Stars played like they did in the third period the whole game, like they did in games 4 and 5 they probably would have won it.

Over all it was a good series, both teams are very good.

Jimbo

Last edited:
It turned out to be a very good series...one the Wings needed to keep them sharp for their face off with Pittsburgh come Saturday. The Stars have a good mix of veteran players, developing young talent, a solid coaching staff, and good owners and management. They should be a top condender next season.
riffjim,
I agree with your assessment .
It was a good and fun series.

I love it when the players come to Center Ice and shake hands after the last game, that is one of the classiest things in sports, too bad other sports don't do the same.

Jimbo

riffjim,
I agree with your assessment .
It was a good and fun series.

I love it when the players come to Center Ice and shake hands after the last game, that is one of the classiest things in sports, too bad other sports don't do the same.

Jimbo

or Martin Brodeur (joke)

Can't wait for this series to start! I've tried to buy tickets online, but Ticketmaster keeps telling me that none are available. :(

Try Joe Louis, they handle tickets that season ticket holders are looking to sell. Also about 200 are available if you wish to put down a $250 deposit on next season, season ticket plans. Either way, too rich for my wallet.

I just looked up the word Suck in the dictionary and it said, "Suck: having to watch the Stanley Cup Finals on Versus SD because FiOS doesn't have the Versus/Golf HD channel. (i.e. Watching this in SD sucks, big time!):(

Actually, the definition of Suck is, "Having to see a possible Spurs/Pistons NBA Final."

I just looked up the word Suck in the dictionary and it said, "Suck: having to watch the Stanley Cup Finals on Versus SD because FiOS doesn't have the Versus/Golf HD channel. (i.e. Watching this in SD sucks, big time!):(

I have to admit the HD version of Versus has been very good.

Jimbo

Well if you had D* or E* you would not have that problem.
They did not even run the golf stuff on the V/Golf channel when they had the Wings/Stars games on.They went to golf right as soon as the game was over though.

Well if you had D* or E* you would not have that problem.
They did not even run the golf stuff on the V/Golf channel when they had the Wings/Stars games on.They went to golf right as soon as the game was over though.
Had E* for almost 3 years...loved the HD DVR (still have 3 622s), but I could no longer take the HD-Lite. D* was an option, but I didn't like the HD DVR and you can't beat the FiOS picture quality. Plus, FiOS will start rolling out HD en masse this July.

In any case, one own and three to go. :)