NHL 2007-08 Season

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
It is that time of year again that many teams are hitting the frozen pond looking for Lord Stanley's Cup. Let the smack talk begin.

Maybe this will be the year that my poor Blue Jackets finally make the playoff (I can at least dream). So to start off the season I have only one thing to say.

LET'S GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

It is that time of year again that many teams are hitting the frozen pond looking for Lord Stanley's Cup. Let the smack talk begin.

Maybe this will be the year that my poor Blue Jackets finally make the playoff (I can at least dream). So to start off the season I have only one thing to say.

LET'S GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

They would have to get by the Red Wings and the Preds !

Good Luck !

Jimbo

Were are all the Hockey fans at? So far we have only heard from the Dead Wings, Pens and Jackets.

GO RED WINGS!!! Great game last night! I was so happy it was on VS HD! Now hopefully DTV will get FSN Detroit HD up and running this month like they're supposed to. Until then, hopefully the HD feeds will be shown on 93-96.

GO SABRES,

They lost Drury, and Briere in Free Agency but Last Season without a bunch of starters they maintained their winning ways, until the Playoffs that is.

Will Managements decision come back to haunt them, probably but not until the playoffs. With all the money Management is saving, maybe they will look to the Waiver Wire late in the season to bring in some Talent for a deep playoff run.

Knowing the Sabres though, this is less than likely. Still bring on the ICE and the HEAT and Fury above it.

BTW, I'm really looking forward to New Years Day, when the Sabres Host the Pittsburgh Pens for the first US NHL Outdoor game in front of about 60,000 Screaming FANS at Ralph Wilson Field (Buffalo Bills Stadium). Heck, the Sabres MIGHT be able to the match # of Wins the Bills have all Season in one Day on the Ice at Raplh Wilson Field.:D

John

GO SABRES,

BTW, I'm really looking forward to New Years Day, when the Sabres Host the Pittsburgh Pens for the first US NHL Outdoor game in front of about 60,000 Screaming FANS at Ralph Wilson Field (Buffalo Bills Stadium). Heck, the Sabres MIGHT be able to the match # of Wins the Bills have all Season in one Day on the Ice at Raplh Wilson Field.:D

John

60,000 Fans??? You must not be from Buffalo. The game is gonna hold a minumum of 74,000 if they don't add additional seating on the field. The game sold out in 45 minutes, but I am lucky enough to be a season ticket holder and guaranteed of atleast my season tickets to the game.

Don't doubt the Sabres, we love being the underdogs again, getting no respect!!

GO SABRES!!:D

Dead Wings? How far did your "straight jackets" get in the playoffs? Oh yeah, you weren't in them, and probably won't be this year either.

Hey there is always a first time for everything. On paper the Jackets have a pretty good team. Now if they can just play like a team.

60,000 Fans??? You must not be from Buffalo. The game is gonna hold a minumum of 74,000 if they don't add additional seating on the field. The game sold out in 45 minutes, but I am lucky enough to be a season ticket holder and guaranteed of atleast my season tickets to the game.

Don't doubt the Sabres, we love being the underdogs again, getting no respect!!

GO SABRES!!:D

Islandguy43,

There are bunch of seats near the field's surface that will have obstructed views because of Network cameras, roughly 7,000. Ralph Wilson Field no longer holds 74,000. A couple of years ago some seats were removed to put in more bathrooms and other facilities.

Rumored capacity for the game is between 60,000-65,000 seats. HSBC arena's capacity is about 20,000 and the number of seats that went on sale, after about 20,000 were reserved for current season Ticket holders, the Press, the Buffalo Sabres, and Pittsburgh Penguins, was 40,000. Since all 40,000 seats went on sale and sold off in 40 minutes the total number of reserved and sold seats is around 60,000.

It's possible more seats will be opened up but only time will tell. In any event I serious doubt the attendance of this game will go over 70,000.

BTW, I'm a huge Sabres fan, I live on the West side of Rochester. I watch every game and usually go to couple live games as well. In the pre-season the Sabres have been burning out the opposing Teams' Goal Light with their "Lack of big name players". They will make the post season, I just hope they don't lay down like last season.

John

Last edited:
The evil triumphirat of professional sports is easy.
From East to west....
NY Yankees
Satan's Red Wings (NJ may call themselves the devils but we can recognize evil!)
LA Lakers

Discuss

Any one in the Detroit area watching the Red Wings tonight ?

The guide says it's on FSN Detroit 636, Now I called D* earlier and the had to turn off my service for a minute to activate my H20 (not sure why, but...)
Tonight when I went to 636 to check on the Wings, it says "Not available in your area" I have always had FSN D, I paid for the Sports package for several years until they told me that I did n;t need to as it was in my local area.
Tonight I don't find them on any other channel .....

Anyone watching them ? Where ?

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)