NHL 2007-08 Season

FSN Detroit is finally in HD! Thank you DTV! It was great watching the Wings completely own the Sharks on Friday.

Now if only they would broadcast the away games in HD.

Actually, FSN Detroit has been in HD for over a year now.

D* was able to put it up after the new sat was up and operational, along with alot of other RSN's and the allotment of HD channels they are adding weekly.

I saw MY first official D* FSN D broadcast the other night.
The mpeg4 version is much crisper than the mpeg2.

Jimbo

edit:
Starting in December some away games will be available in HD 22-31. :)
Looks like thats it for this season.
I would expect that next year they may all be in HD, hopefully:)

Hey Digital Dude,
We should get together and catch a game down there again .....

Jimbo

Call me dude. My cell's display crapped out so I had to get a phonje off Craigs list. Needless to say your digits weren't on my sim card.

Watching the Wings - Oilers game right now. Pretty tight.

But as we all know, nothing matters until April !

Jimbo

Yeah but you can't get to May and June if you stumble out of the gates in October. I'm pretty happy with hte Jackets' 6-3-1, 13 points in 10 games. If you're averaging about 1.2 per game then you're in good shape.

I'm also happy to see that Nashville is doing so poorly, sort of like the Flyers last year. The other four teams in Philly's division made the playoffs last year because they all got to feast. If STL and Chicago are bad too then hey that's even better.

Now we have our first west coast swing of the year, a big test for Hitch and the boys because it's been such a pitfall in the past.

Columbus Blue Jackets are now in 2nd plance in the Western Conference. :yikes

They are looking like a totally different team this year.

7 in a row for the Red Wings! Zetty has been incredible!
Yes he has. I hate the Western road trips... all the games are on after my bed time. Finally they have a string of home games coming up.

Also, is it just me or does Osgood look better than Hasek at this point? It seems that Hasek will let 2 or 3 by him even when he only faces 12-15 shots.

Yeah but you can't get to May and June if you stumble out of the gates in October. I'm pretty happy with hte Jackets' 6-3-1, 13 points in 10 games. If you're averaging about 1.2 per game then you're in good shape.

I'm also happy to see that Nashville is doing so poorly, sort of like the Flyers last year. The other four teams in Philly's division made the playoffs last year because they all got to feast. If STL and Chicago are bad too then hey that's even better.

Now we have our first west coast swing of the year, a big test for Hitch and the boys because it's been such a pitfall in the past.

Thats a very good start for the Jackets, keep in mind the top 8 teams make the playoffs. and thats a looooooong way from now :)

Jimbo

Yes he has. I hate the Western road trips... all the games are on after my bed time. Finally they have a string of home games coming up.

Also, is it just me or does Osgood look better than Hasek at this point? It seems that Hasek will let 2 or 3 by him even when he only faces 12-15 shots.

Amen to the west coast trips, I hate them as you mentioned, I cannot stay up till 1 am on work nights. (unless it's during the playoffs :))

As for Ozzie, Yes, he has looked very good, I think it's a good combo they have going, Hasek Never plays well in the early going.
Not sure if he's dis interested of what it is.
Last year Hasek never did have his typical groin pull to put him out for a good part of the year, so I expect that to happen this year.

At the end of the year and in then playoffs last year Hasek looked tired and played poorly, all at the office were hoping they would but Ozzie in, but they never did.

Jimbo

Amen to the west coast trips, I hate them as you mentioned, I cannot stay up till 1 am on work nights. (unless it's during the playoffs :))

As for Ozzie, Yes, he has looked very good, I think it's a good combo they have going, Hasek Never plays well in the early going.
Not sure if he's dis interested of what it is.
Last year Hasek never did have his typical groin pull to put him out for a good part of the year, so I expect that to happen this year.

At the end of the year and in then playoffs last year Hasek looked tired and played poorly, all at the office were hoping they would but Ozzie in, but they never did.

Jimbo

Au Contraire my friend. Hasek played VERY well in last years palyoffs. That's why Holland resigned him for this season. Hasek is currently hurt, that's why Ozzie is getting all the playing time. Right now you or I could play goalie for the Wings. They have been giving up less then 20 shots a game for the last 7-8 games. You can't score against them if you can't get any shots off. The Wings are playing typical Wing's hockey - puck control. You can't shoot it the puck if you don't have the puck.

GO WINGS!!!!

Au Contraire my friend. Hasek played VERY well in last years palyoffs. That's why Holland resigned him for this season. Hasek is currently hurt, that's why Ozzie is getting all the playing time. Right now you or I could play goalie for the Wings. They have been giving up less then 20 shots a game for the last 7-8 games. You can't score against them if you can't get any shots off. The Wings are playing typical Wing's hockey - puck control. You can't shoot it the puck if you don't have the puck.

GO WINGS!!!!

I dis agree, Hasek did not play well at the end of the playoff year, he did in the first several rounds thou.

You are very right about the lack of shots !!!!
However, I think the Wings goalies play better when they are in action in the games, with only 15-20 shots a game they tend to get bored, (see Hasek roaming the corners).
I think they get lonely and often give up a goal due to lack of work.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)