NHL 2007-08 Season

Supposivly the NHL CE free preview is on thru tommorow night, that could be why the Sports pack channels are showing up.
Too bad they never mentioned tha CI being on.....
How do they expect to get people interested if they can't tell anyone about it ?

Paul, when I talked to D* they tried to turnon the CI for me to see if it was available thru them .... Thier info said if I was unable to get it thru FSN D channel I should be able to get it thru the CI pack. she tried and found it STILL un available... I will be talking to FSN tommorow.
She told me they got a memo that stated they certian zip codes that previously had carried the games, were no longer available.
Of course MINE was one of them ......., but a mile of so away, was still available, different zip.

Could this be the same BS they pulled at the begining of the baseball season too. remember when FSN was off in Detroit and St Louis for several weeks.

Jimbo

Jimbo, what were you doing trying to watch the Wings on Saturday night when the Buckeyes were smashing Purdue at the same time?! J/K, I was able to record the Wings game on the 6th on channel 636 (I'm in Detroit) with no problems. I was disappointed that there was no HD feed, though. When is FSN Detroit HD supposed to be added? Hopefully your situation is resolved promptly so you won't miss any more games.

On a side note, I got hooked up with free tickets in a suite for last night's game at the Joe! My boss got the tickets from a supplier and wasn't able to make it. That was the first time (and probably the last time!) that I've watched a game from a suite like that. Free beer, free dinner including dessert, private bathroom, and a great performance by the Wings. It doesn't get much better!

Jimbo, what were you doing trying to watch the Wings on Saturday night when the Buckeyes were smashing Purdue at the same time?! J/K, I was able to record the Wings game on the 6th on channel 636 (I'm in Detroit) with no problems. I was disappointed that there was no HD feed, though. When is FSN Detroit HD supposed to be added? Hopefully your situation is resolved promptly so you won't miss any more games.

On a side note, I got hooked up with free tickets in a suite for last night's game at the Joe! My boss got the tickets from a supplier and wasn't able to make it. That was the first time (and probably the last time!) that I've watched a game from a suite like that. Free beer, free dinner including dessert, private bathroom, and a great performance by the Wings. It doesn't get much better!

Except that your view of the game is better on the TV monitors in the suite, than it is actually looking from the suite. Farthest seats in the house. I'm sure Ilitch will correct that in the new arena. (No, I haven't heard anything about a new arena, Ilitch hasn't yet decided to remodel the Joe, or build a new one yet. I'm betting on a new arena, though.)

Except that your view of the game is better on the TV monitors in the suite, than it is actually looking from the suite. Farthest seats in the house. I'm sure Ilitch will correct that in the new arena. (No, I haven't heard anything about a new arena, Ilitch hasn't yet decided to remodel the Joe, or build a new one yet. I'm betting on a new arena, though.)
Yeah, the suites are pretty high up there, but the view is completely unobstructed (except for the plexiglass) and the perspective is such that you can see just about everything happening on the ice. I only watched the TV monitors for the replays. I was also suprised at how clearly the sounds of the game could be heard up there due to the reflections off the ceiling overhang. It was louder than sitting in a regular upper bowl seat.

Killer,
What do you do at HALFTIME of your games, beside get another beer, channel swap !!!
As for FSN HD, I've been waiting for that for over a year now....
A D* tech support guy told me it would be on on the 17th :) Of course, what good is that if they don't show the game here anymore ?

Paul,
I'm betting on Illitch building down by the FOX with Comerica and Hockeytown Cafe.
I think I heard he has land or looking at land behind HTC.

Jimbo

Killer,
What do you do at HALFTIME of your games, beside get another beer, channel swap !!!
As for FSN HD, I've been waiting for that for over a year now....
A D* tech support guy told me it would be on on the 17th :) Of course, what good is that if they don't show the game here anymore ?

Paul,
I'm betting on Illitch building down by the FOX with Comerica and Hockeytown Cafe.
I think I heard he has land or looking at land behind HTC.

Jimbo

Like I said.....my money is on a new arena, you got the location right my friend.

Well tonight was a great night. Took my daughter to her first Blue Jackets game and got to see them beat Phoenix 3-0. It was the best feeling in the world seeing her sit there cheering on the Jackets with a huge smile on her face. This is an experience that every father needs to have happen.

So far they have had a pretty good start to their year. 2-1 in their first three games. Their problem has always been that they fall so far behind the first few weeks they can never catch back up.

Well tonight was a great night. Took my daughter to her first Blue Jackets game and got to see them beat Phoenix 3-0. It was the best feeling in the world seeing her sit there cheering on the Jackets with a huge smile on her face. This is an experience that every father needs to have happen.

So far they have had a pretty good start to their year. 2-1 in their first three games. Their problem has always been that they fall so far behind the first few weeks they can never catch back up.

Good for you Jag,
How old is your daughter ?
It's quite an experience :)

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo, How did the wings do against the Blackhawks? Sharks spanked them tonight in Chicago!

Man, that was all the way back to last w/e ....
I'll check.

The Wings tied and lost in OT 4-3

Since then, they beat Edmonton and Calgary 4-2 each.
They play the Blackhawk's again Friday night.

Jimbo

Its amazing how many penguins fans came out of the woodwork. That team is such a bandwgaon team it's sickening. Where were they a few years ago when the building was empty and the team in bankruptcy.

Who do you think you are calling a bandwagoner? You don't know me, so you have no right calling me that.:mad:

For your information, I've been watching hockey since 1984 when Mario was drafted, and guess what, I live in Pittsburgh, so my favorite team is the Penguins. Granted I dunno if I would of ever watched hockey if Mario wasn't drafted by the Pens. but that's apples and oranges.

I've watched them go to the playoffs and lose, Ive watched them win two Stanley Cups, I was at the Pittsburgh airport when they brought their first cup home, I've watched them when they were losing, I've watched them when Ryan Malone was one of their best scores, I was sad when they got rid of some of their best players because of money, I've been to regular season games and playoff games inside that terrible arena, I was upset when they had the lockout, but understood it had to be done to compete with other clubs, I was ecstatic when they won the lottery and drafted Sid, and I'm loving the team they have know and the fact a new arena will soon be in Pittsburgh but sad that I can't get tickets anymore in my price range.

They will probably at some time in the next 30 years be on the bottom, will I stop rooting for them, no, hell I root for the Pirates and go to their games, they haven't had a winning season in 15 years.

So before you start calling someone something, maybe you should get your facts straight instead of just yapping about something you obviously don't have a freaking clue about.:mad:

My youngest is 31 months old. I can't wait to take him to his first sporting events.

Jackets fan here. (that makes 3? If so, it's disproprotionate.) I'm a Columbus transplant living in Northern Virginia.

This weekend I'm going to up to 4 games in 4 days. Caps/Isles tomorrow, OSU/Miami Friday, Bombers/Cyclones Saturday (unless I score a ticket to OSU/MSU football), Jackets/Canucks Sunday.

GO JACKETS!

The Jackets sure did choke last night. They had the stars right were they wanted them. Then during the shot out Nash did not even look like he was trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)