NHL 2011-12 Season

Seriously, I am hoping the Red Wings days of playing in the Western Conference are numbered (i.e., as in this is their final year) since there are way too many late-night regular season and playoff games on the West Coast for my liking.

Well you just might get your wish next year when they move Winnipeg to the west.

riffjim4069 said:
I disagree. When it comes to moving a team over to the Eastern Conference...I think Detroit has earned first dibs.

We shall see but I think you're wrong. Columbus is more east than Detroit plus Detroit has a major role in the west, Columbus is still young and doesn't have any ties to the west.

Detroit will be the first to go, they have been in the discussion for many years now, that said, they may just move them all at the same time and re align the divisions.

I don't think how far east matters.
They are all in the Eastern Time Zone.

That said, we'll miss playing the Sharks every year in the playoffs ... and the 10:30 start times.

Jimbo said:
Detroit will be the first to go, they have been in the discussion for many years now, that said, they may just move them all at the same time and re align the divisions.

There is only one team in the east that should be in the west and three teams in west that should be in the east, even if they realign there will only be one going to the east.

They only thing that matters is how the realignment will impact the league and conferences. They won't move anybody if it will hurt the other conference or the league as a whole. No one team is above the good of the entire NHL.

I personally think we will see a large realignment that will impact both Columbus and Detroit. I could easily see a league with 3 or 4 divisions next year.

JAG72 said:
They only thing that matters is how the realignment will impact the league and conferences. They won't move anybody if it will hurt the other conference or the league as a whole. No one team is above the good of the entire NHL.

I personally think we will see a large realignment that will impact both Columbus and Detroit. I could easily see a league with 3 or 4 divisions next year.

Only if they make it like the NFL our baseball with two leagues spanning across the country.

What ???

Your Kidding right ?

The Penguins are always above everyone else according to the NHL and the teams that make TV.

They are the darlings of the NHL, them and Sidney .....

You hear soooo much about them it makes me want to puke.

Jimbo said:
What ???

Your Kidding right ?

The Penguins are always above everyone else according to the NHL and the teams that make TV.

They are the darlings of the NHL, them and Sidney .....

You hear soooo much about them it makes me want to puke.

come on jimbo Detroit gets more recognition than anybody.

There are a lot of reports out there that says the NHL is looking into a 4 division realignment. They are supposed to have it all worked out in December during the Board of Governors meeting.

We will just have to wait and see how it all works out.

What about contracting or moving some of the NHL teams? With Atlanta leaving, I thought a few teams would move somewhere else. Instead of realignment, shouldnt the NHL be worried about some of the teams not drawing?

I just hope Crosby gets better in time for the season.

Take it for what it is, but there are reports that Crosby has had a set back and is experiencing concussion-like symptoms. If this is true it is not looking good. I really hate to see any player having these issues 8 months after his last head injury.

Updated Estimate Cost of Sports Programming on Pay TV

Didn't take Ozzie Guillen long to upset ALL of the Miami Cuban community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)