NHL 2011-12 Season

Take it for what it is, but there are reports that Crosby has had a set back and is experiencing concussion-like symptoms. If this is true it is not looking good. I really hate to see any player having these issues 8 months after his last head injury.

Its really a shame. I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Pat LaFontaine or Eric Lindros situation.

JAG72 said:
Take it for what it is, but there are reports that Crosby has had a set back and is experiencing concussion-like symptoms. If this is true it is not looking good. I really hate to see any player having these issues 8 months after his last head injury.

The penguins aren't supporting those reports.

Seeing how young he is, he could conceivably, take this year off and come back next year, OR see how things are going say .... March and get in game shape for the stretch run and playoffs.

It would be a hellofa boost to know a guy of his caliber is coming off the bench late in the year for your team.

Jimbo said:
Seeing how young he is, he could conceivably, take this year off and come back next year, OR see how things are going say .... March and get in game shape for the stretch run and playoffs.

It would be a hellofa boost to know a guy of his caliber is coming off the bench late in the year for your team.

That's so true.

Problem we have here is, every day you get a different story, today, he's doing great, the article from yesterday said otherwise ....

Next week a different doctor will see him and say something else.

This all depends on the particular person writing the article, he can write good or bad and find clippings to support his point either way.

Problem we have here is, every day you get a different story, today, he's doing great, the article from yesterday said otherwise ....

Next week a different doctor will see him and say something else.

This all depends on the particular person writing the article, he can write good or bad and find clippings to support his point either way.

That's the nature of concussions...you have good days and bad days, and you wait until the bad days go away completely. And since concussion study is still in it's infancy, concussion doctors will give different opinions all the time.

The only thing that's going to matter is if Crosby is able to take the ice during training camp, and how he feels when he does.

While it would hurt my team, I hope he comes back strong. The NHL needs a healthy Crosby.

Sandra

Since there is not much talk in the NHL yet, I figured I would share a pretty neat fan video. This sure gets me pumped for this coming season.

[video]http://youtu.be/R_7BxvzcvNI?hd=1[/video]

That's the nature of concussions...you have good days and bad days, and you wait until the bad days go away completely. And since concussion study is still in it's infancy, concussion doctors will give different opinions all the time.

The only thing that's going to matter is if Crosby is able to take the ice during training camp, and how he feels when he does.

While it would hurt my team, I hope he comes back strong. The NHL needs a healthy Crosby.

Sandra

While I hope he comes back and is fine, with the current diagnosis of him having trouble when he REALLY pushes his body, thats NOT a good thing, seeing you ALWAYS push your body during games.

Funny that you just posted this as I just posted elsewhere that I was happy that Hockey season was just around the corner.
And finally Dish Network subs are not waiting until 15 mins before the season starts to see if Dish gets off their butts and signs a deal with the NHL...

Nice to see the return of Hockey...although it's hard to think about hockey in August and in the middle of a pennant chase. Additionally, as much as I love hockey I'm not in 100% hockey mode until the regular college season concludes (mid November) and there's snow on the ground. :)
Well, the Mets are done and the Giants are going to win 7 games ......so LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!

New Jersey will contest for their division. However, I see the Flyers taking it once again and probably the number one seed in the East. Rangers miss the playoffs again.
Pens will be NJ's closest competition. Once again, Washington takes the Southeast. Closely followed by Tampa Bay. Carolina makes the playoffs. Florida plays golf.

Updated Estimate Cost of Sports Programming on Pay TV

Didn't take Ozzie Guillen long to upset ALL of the Miami Cuban community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)