NHL 2011-12 Season

Yeah! Preseason hockey starts this week. Unfortunately it will be the final year the Red Wings are in the Western Conference. It's been fun, but I won't miss all those late-night playoff games. :)

???

It will ???

When did the Wings moving to the East become official, I thought it was just a passing thought ...

Getting excited for the season. Tuesday will be fun as I will get to see the Jets on the ice for their return. To bad it is only preseason.

The Winnipeg Jets pre game skate. It was nice to see the Jets for their first game back in the NHL.

Attachments

• 301416_1963415891263_1418847671_31640681_1112418498_n.jpg
    301416_1963415891263_1418847671_31640681_1112418498_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 75
Anybody else notice all of the suspensions that have been handed out this year so far. There are at least 5 suspensions so far with the Blue Jackets taking the largest hit with Wizniewski getting the rest of the preseason +8 games off.

Very interesting,
Red Wings and Blackhawks.

For me, in the Toledo/Detroit area, VS says it's Blacked out ... Which usually means it's on FSN Detroit, but the Tiger game is on FSN D 663, nothing at this time is on FSN D +, 664/.1 ....
VS game search said it was available on 665, which is Chicago's channel, which I don't get, but it is coming in tonight.

Now, I have the Sports Pack as my anniversary gift, but Professional games are not usually open ... wondering why this is available for me here and not on FSN D+ ?

???

It will ???

When did the Wings moving to the East become official, I thought it was just a passing thought ...

Just saw this story in the Detroit News.
Q . OK, once and for all, are you gonna get the Wings out of the Western Conference or not?

A . The commissioner (Gary Bettman) promised me I was next. We even had a meeting over lunch this past season, and he had all his people here, and he goes, 'Yeah, I promised Mike he'd be the next one to go in the Eastern Conference.' So I expect to be in next year. Jimmy D (Devellano) is on the phone every other week reminding them.

From The Detroit News: Detroit Tigers - MLB | Ilitch on the Wings: 'We're gonna have a new arena' | The Detroit News

Now, I have the Sports Pack as my anniversary gift, but Professional games are not usually open ... wondering why this is available for me here and not on FSN D+ ?

on D* NHL preseason games seem to be coming in. Seen a few on MSG (and its sister networks)

Just saw this story in the Detroit News.
Q . OK, once and for all, are you gonna get the Wings out of the Western Conference or not?

A . The commissioner (Gary Bettman) promised me I was next. We even had a meeting over lunch this past season, and he had all his people here, and he goes, 'Yeah, I promised Mike he'd be the next one to go in the Eastern Conference.' So I expect to be in next year. Jimmy D (Devellano) is on the phone every other week reminding them.

From The Detroit News: Detroit Tigers - MLB | Ilitch on the Wings: 'We're gonna have a new arena' | The Detroit News

The Wings moving to the Eastern Conference is a formality...you don't crap on the team who has been the poster child of the NHL the past 20-years. Of course, this is Gary Bettman we're talking about...

Key point, Gary Betmen, be has taken the wings for granted look at how they fill visiting areas when they play. It should happen with the wings moving who knows when it will

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

The Wings moving to the Eastern Conference is a formality...you don't crap on the team who has been the poster child of the NHL the past 20-years. Of course, this is Gary Bettman we're talking about...

To be honest both the Wings and Blue Jackets both belong in the East. I personally don't think that both will go but they do need to do something about all of the travel the Western Conference has to deal with. I really hope that they make a larger alignment this next year. I would also like to see a schedule where every team in the league plays each team twice. They could easily accomplish this with the proper realignment but it makes to much sense to me to ever become reality.

To be honest both the Wings and Blue Jackets both belong in the East. I personally don't think that both will go but they do need to do something about all of the travel the Western Conference has to deal with. I really hope that they make a larger alignment this next year. I would also like to see a schedule where every team in the league plays each team twice. They could easily accomplish this with the proper realignment but it makes to much sense to me to ever become reality.

I HOPE this never happens ....
I would HATE to play a team only twice a year, so much for your rivalries and division games...

I HOPE this never happens ....
I would HATE to play a team only twice a year, so much for your rivalries and division games...

You would still play other teams more than twice a year. This would just guarantee guarantee that you play every team in the league twice. If you only played each team twice you would only have a 58 game season. You still have another 24 games that can be used for all of the in conference games and rivalries.

Updated Estimate Cost of Sports Programming on Pay TV

Didn't take Ozzie Guillen long to upset ALL of the Miami Cuban community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts