NHL Center Ice auto renew charge already!!!

I am a season ticket holder of another NHL team in NY that is furthest away from you and I concur - I that I also feel that CI is the best sports package for the money for what you get. But at least you have waiting lists up there... With the rebuilding that we're going through this year, they will have to pay people to come to the games.

I've always subscribed to CI on cable, and have always been very disappointed with the SD PQ that we would get since the games were never in HD, but I also have DishNetwork and recently upgraded to HD. I haven't subbed for CI for this season because I was wondering how it was on Dish as opposed to cable but if Dish is going to have at least some of the games in HD then I'm going to sub with Dish because I don't think cable is going to put any of the games in HD unless I'm mistaken.

Did Dish have a lot of CI games in HD last year?

Last year there were many HD games but I know of NO service D* or cable who had the CBC TSN HD feeds. Now the NHL network had some HD from TSN I think that this is because the NHL Network is based in Canada. I don't think that any us TV service had any Canadian HD feeds I don't have any idea why this is but it seems as though it is.
Also E* had many duel feeds some times they had four feeds for the same game two HD and two SD.

Did Dish have a lot of CI games in HD last year?

Not enough!

None of the MSG games (Buffalo, NYR) and NESN (Boston) were in HD, as well as none of the games from Canada. Seems Charlie can't agree on pricing for the HD coverage of the above RSN's (surprise, surprise). That's why I cancelled my automatic renewal of CI this year. Usually they have a free preview of CI for the first week and you can still get the "eary bird" price at the end of the preview. Charlie is always holding out on negotiations for service on the premise of saving money for the subscribers, but he is not shy in increasing the prices without up-grading the service.

I agree that CI was a bargain last year @$149, but it seems less of a bargain @$159 this year, unless they provide more RSN HD coverage. I don't know why the NHL can't provide HD from Canada -- these SD feeds are among the worst PQ broadcasts of CI.

Not enough!

None of the MSG games (Buffalo, NYR) and NESN (Boston) were in HD, as well as none of the games from Canada. Seems Charlie can't agree on pricing for the HD coverage of the above RSN's (surprise, surprise). That's why I cancelled my automatic renewal of CI this year. Usually they have a free preview of CI for the first week and you can still get the "eary bird" price at the end of the preview. Charlie is always holding out on negotiations for service on the premise of saving money for the subscribers, but he is not shy in increasing the prices without up-grading the service.

I agree that CI was a bargain last year @$149, but it seems less of a bargain @$159 this year, unless they provide more RSN HD coverage. I don't know why the NHL can't provide HD from Canada -- these SD feeds are among the worst PQ broadcasts of CI.

It has been on the Dish website since the weekend that NHL CI is available for $159 this season.
DISH Network -- Sports Overview

Last edited:
Buffalo Sabres Away games on MSG

Us lucky Sabres Fans will be forced to watch the Sabres Away Games in SD this year, no matter whom we receive our broadcast service from.:mad:

"Sports on the Air /

Sports on the Air: Sabres, HD won’t mix on the road

By Alan Pergament
Updated: 09/06/08 10:07 AM

This is what I’m thinking: • It is my unfortunate duty to advise you that the Buffalo Sabres’ road telecasts on MSG won’t be carried in high definition in the upcoming season. The home games will be in HD again, reminding HD viewers how much better they look from HSBC Arena."

Not enough!

Your box must be broken then, every Bruins games was on NESNHD last year except in the Spring if the Redsox played at the same time then the SD feed was on an ALT channel.

I did switch to the AbsoluteHD package a few months back will our local teams like the Bruins be blackedout this year if we have CI, even tho we don't get the local RSNs? :eek:

Thanks for the responses guys. I don't recall any games in HD from Time Warner last year in the CI package here. We had HD games from NHL Network, VS, etc. - but I don't recall any from the CI package so it was disappointing. If Dish does have some then I am more apt to go with them since they are both charging the same $159.

This is my first year with HD with Dish so I am not sure how they handle this stuff and of course when I found out how they handle the RSNs, ugh! But I still have Time Warner cable HD which luckily carries the my local RSNs in HD and 24/7 as well.

Islandguy43, what is the reasoning to not have any away games in HD? That is a shame really. Last year we had a majority of the away games in HD here but now that they've changed FoxSportsNY to MSGPlus, I hope nothing else has changed for the worse.

I just read that Time Warner is also saying that select games will be in HD. I wonder. . .

Islandguy43, what is the reasoning to not have any away games in HD? That is a shame really. Last year we had a majority of the away games in HD here but now that they've changed FoxSportsNY to MSGPlus, I hope nothing else has changed for the worse.

I just read that Time Warner is also saying that select games will be in HD. I wonder. . .

Thats a good question. I sorta recall a couple years ago, the NHL was installing hd cameras in all arenas at their own cost. Most likely the Buffalo Home games are produced in Buffalo with the Sabres own equipment and facilities. When on the road, I can only imagine they must be using MSG's facilities and equipment to produce the games. Then on the otherhand, that doesn't make alot of sense either, whereas the Rangers games are in HD by MSG; but Dish doesn't have a deal with MSG for the HD feeds.:confused:

Thanks for the responses guys. I don't recall any games in HD from Time Warner last year in the CI package here. We had HD games from NHL Network, VS, etc. - but I don't recall any from the CI package so it was disappointing. If Dish does have some then I am more apt to go with them since they are both charging the same $159.

Well last year there were many games in HD on E* CI package.
I follow the Redwings and saw many of their games in HD.

Your box must be broken then, every Bruins games was on NESNHD last year except in the Spring if the Redsox played at the same time then the SD feed was on an ALT channel.

My box wasn't broken. You may have had NESNHD for Bruin games if this is your RSN. The CI broadcasts on Dish were from NESNHD but were in SD. All the more maddening to be told by the broadcasters that the game was broadcast in HD while I am watching it in SD.

There were many games broadcast in HD last year that were in SD on Dish CI. These same games were broadcast in HD on D*. There was some speculation in these forums that Dish had limited windows for HD broadcasts due to limited HD capacity. Dish presented CI on a low budget basis last season and that is why I am unwilling to pay $10 more for the same this season. Charlie needs to upgrade to justify his additional charge...

My box wasn't broken. You may have had NESNHD for Bruin games if this is your RSN. The CI broadcasts on Dish were from NESNHD but were in SD. All the more maddening to be told by the broadcasters that the game was broadcast in HD while I am watching it in SD.

There were many games broadcast in HD last year that were in SD on Dish CI. These same games were broadcast in HD on D*. There was some speculation in these forums that Dish had limited windows for HD broadcasts due to limited HD capacity. Dish presented CI on a low budget basis last season and that is why I am unwilling to pay $10 more for the same this season. Charlie needs to upgrade to justify his additional charge...

Is there a schedule of HD games on Directv out yet?

I have been a CI subscriber for the past 2 years and have not received anything from Dish to confirm I am automatically being re-enrolled.

When do they typically send this out? For automatic re-enrollment, it says there is a "special" rate. Is it less than the $159 posted on their website?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts