NHL Center ICE - HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

racingmoose

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I was just browsing through the NHL Center ICE schedule for October on DirecTV's website and the number of games listed in HD seems minimal, less than half. With all the additions of RSNs in HD, I was hoping for nearly all Center ICE games to be in HD this year. Does anyone know if the HD schedule is preliminary and there might be more in HD?

Where are you seeing the 2008-2009 NHL schedule? I looked at the D* site for schedules, which took me to Sports Schedules and it says it has NHL for last years schedule, nothing for this year.

OMG...that explains it. I clicked the schedule link and assumed it was the 08-09 schedule since we're getting close. I didn't even notice that it was last year's. Thanks for pointing that out. So there's still hope of an increase in games in HD.

With the addition on most RSNs in HD, if a game is on a US RSN you can expect it in HD on the CI pack.

There could be additional games in HD, including OTA feeds and Canadian games. Rogers Sportsnet (Toronto) has been used for HD games for the BlueJays for the MLB package, so it is entirely possible to see it for CI too.

Im actually very curious about this upcoming season and the Dual Broadcasts. As a philly fan, i'm hoping i get JJ and Jones for the games instead of the other homertastic fools. From reading some other CSN Philly related threads on here it appears many Phillies games were available thanks to recent changes by Comcast's sharing of its signals, and that seems to be related to Comcast broadcasting via Satellite.

The playoffs were great getting the philly feed for a large amount of the games, but if they could somehow secure CSN Philly in HD, my life would be great.

but if they could somehow secure CSN Philly in HD, my life would be great.

Amen to that.

I didn't have the EI package, I'm wondering if the CSN Philly broadcasts of the Phillies were available in HD or SD only? Couldn't find anything definite out there.

My local Comcast system only provides CSN Philly in SD (CSN DC in HD), so I have to decide whether it's better to watch the games in HD with the other teams announcers or the Philly guys in SD :mad:

I'm hoping Mr. Crandall's comment applies to Altitude also. I am new to D* and hoping to get at least 40 Avalanche games (home at least) in HD this year.

looks like Directv is going to use CSN for all Flyers games SD and HD.

DISHNETWORK HELLO?????????????????????????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)