NHL Center Ice question regarding multiple feeds, and the guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarry55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Altoona PA
I have NHL Center Ice to get the Red Wings games here in PA. Well as you know, most of the time there are two feeds, one the Detroit broadcast the other being whoever they play.

Is there any way to tell which feed is going to be on which channel? Sometimes I'm not home or in bed before the game starts... This is especially bothersome for the West coast 10/10:30 games, I end up just guessing and sometimes I get the right feed to record, sometimes I don't. I don't want to watch the other teams broadcast if I don't have to. I know when I had Dish before it would say in parenthesis which feed was for which channel, but as far as I can tell, there is no indicator for Direct.

Am I wrong, or missing something?

Got to Directv's website and look up the Center Ice page. On the left side of the page, you 'll see two tabs: Overview and Schedule. The Schedule page will have the listings telling you the feed by team. Only issue i have is if there aren't multiple feeds, they don't say which feed you're getting.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Generally speaking the visitors feed is listed first followed by the home team feed.

You can also be sure by going to the RSN, in this case FSN Detroit and watching there.

I have the sports pack as well as Center Ice and I get the majority of the games on the regional feed unless it's being broadact on NHL Network, NBC, or the idiots at Versus. I'm very happy with Directv for offering packages like this because I the only time I could catch a Wings game here in Kentucky was if they were playing Nashville or Columbus and the home commentators for those teams are morons. Glad I have Fox Sports Detroit again.

Happy to see another Wings fan on here. :)

Thanks guys, all very helpful posts.

I don't have the Sports pack so I am not sure I can just tune to FSN Detroit, but I will give it a shot today.

And Lothar, at least you live in a Western conference area. Before all I would get were national broadcasts or Wings/Penguins games.

Thanks guys, all very helpful posts.

I don't have the Sports pack so I am not sure I can just tune to FSN Detroit, but I will give it a shot today.

And Lothar, at least you live in a Western conference area. Before all I would get were national broadcasts or Wings/Penguins games.
When I started all this about a month after Versus was cut off I originally ordered just the sports pack under the impression that I could get all the RSN's and still be able to watch the Wings when they were on. When I asked the rep on the phone if that was true I was told it was so I left it at that. Wasn't until I tried to watch a Tigers game that I realized that without any of the pro team's sports packages like Center Ice I wouldn't be able to get the games outside of my area. So to make a long story short, to which I have failed already, you have to have the sports pack to get the RSN's from out of your area and also have Center Ice to be able to actually watch the games on that channel.

Irritates me that I have to pay extra, but I enjoy the pregame shows and some of the other content that FSD provides that I wouldn't otherwise have had with just Center Ice.

You can just tune the RSN directly, as long as you do it during the game time (before the game will give you 'channel not purchased' unless you have sports pack.

For Wings, just tune channel 663 (or 664 for a few games), much easier :)

You can just tune the RSN directly, as long as you do it during the game time (before the game will give you 'channel not purchased' unless you have sports pack.

This is very good info, I didn't realize this. I thought I needed the sports pack to do this. No more guessing for games that are on FSN Detroit.

Thanks Jason, and all.

For those of us out of the regional area the sports pack and Center Ice are needed to do that. Can't just have the sports pack, the games will be blacked out. Gave me 'channel not purchased' or the message about the game being blacked out in my area until I got Center Ice.

Yes, that only works if you sub to the sports package, NHL, NBA, or MLB. You can tune the sports package channel (700's) or the RSN directly (when applicable).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)