NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I got the "canned" email below from CSR, and wasn't impressed; so fired one off to the ceo and at his charlie email addy for his chat tonight. It sure sounds to me, that its gonna be another MLB situation. In all honesty, if D ends up with the NHL Network and E doesn't I will be switching over to them. Hopefully, E will do something to make me stay a loyal CC autopayer.

Dear Mr. ......,
Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delayed response.We are working on our deal with the NHL and we fully anticipate making Center Ice available to our subscribers this year. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks. We are looking forward to the upcoming season.
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Belen M.
TID: OR-Cadillac
DISH Network eCare

Islandguy

One good thing about E*'s Center Ice is they have more than one feed of a game. Last year there were times when they had 3 feeds of the Red Wings
FSN Detroit, TSN, and the other team's Fsn feed.
I don't think that D* does this but I don't know as I don't have D*, yet I will if E* does not carry CI.

directv does NOT do this and is the main reason i'm looking at Dish - so does Dish show all these feeds every year?? i've been hesitant to make the switch till i can confirm this.

also, does dish show games from centre ice in HD - besides what is shown on versus and hdnet? directv shows a few on 94, 95.

thanks for the info!

directv does NOT do this and is the main reason i'm looking at Dish - so does Dish show all these feeds every year?? i've been hesitant to make the switch till i can confirm this.

also, does dish show games from centre ice in HD - besides what is shown on versus and hdnet? directv shows a few on 94, 95.

thanks for the info!

Yes Dish has done this for the last few years.
I don't have HD so I can't answer that part of your question.
I have only been using CI the last three years. That said it is not looking so good for CI and Dish so far.

Last edited:
I got the "canned" email below from CSR, and wasn't impressed; so fired one off to the ceo and at his charlie email addy for his chat tonight. It sure sounds to me, that its gonna be another MLB situation. In all honesty, if D ends up with the NHL Network and E doesn't I will be switching over to them. Hopefully, E will do something to make me stay a loyal CC autopayer.

Dear Mr. ......,
Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delayed response.We are working on our deal with the NHL and we fully anticipate making Center Ice available to our subscribers this year. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks. We are looking forward to the upcoming season.
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Belen M.
TID: OR-Cadillac
DISH Network eCare

Islandguy

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Dish these days when it comes to sports. They leave the customer guessing and in angst over everthing it seems......whether it be CI, EI, BTN. That said I find it hard to believe that Dish won't hammer out a deal soon with the NHL. It could come at the last second perhaps but the NHL is not in a great bargaining position. They need to get an audience wherever they can find it.

Thu Sep 13, 2007
Kings Ducks
10:00 PM ET

First pre-season game is this coming Thursday.
WHat haven't were heard ANYTHING on Dish Network's Center Ice?
Why isn't there a scheduled published yet?

I had CI for the past couple of seasons and I don't remember pre-season ever being on.

CI started the first night of the season.

Center Ice will be on Dish. The NHL channel will be available in HD.

i'm new here so go easy on me.... i'm thinking of switching to dish from directv and this would help my decision

ae you referring to the NHL Network when you mention NHL channel??

- can you advise where you got this info??

thanks!

Just announced on the Charlie Chat by the head of programming:

NHL Channel in HD launches October 1st.

Center Ice will continue on Dish.

Most Center Ice matches on RSN's will be in HD.

Thanks......that's a pretty good source! Alot better than someone with just a few posts making unattributable statements about Dish programming. :up

Thanks......that's a pretty good source! Alot better than someone with just a few posts making unattributable statements about Dish programming. :up

I said the source came from Charlie. I was watching the Charlie Chat and heard the news so I posted about it. I had no idea someone needed to have 100000000000 posts to deliver news. I guess I'll just leave it to the experts next time.

I said the source came from Charlie. I was watching the Charlie Chat and heard the news so I posted about it. I had no idea someone needed to have 100000000000 posts to deliver news. I guess I'll just leave it to the experts next time.

Sorry I missed your second post. But in your first one:

"Center Ice will be on Dish. The NHL channel will be available in HD."

Just say right then where you got the info. Someone else in another thread said he heard just the opposite from a CSR. So, who to believe.

Wonder when we will be able to order CI? I've had it in years past but never on auto-renewal. They still don't have it posted on there website for order..

I'm still deciding whether to go Dish or Direct, having gotten sick of cable. Dish seemed to have the edge, because of the 722, as well as some unusual film offerings.

But the whole Center Ice question is troubling. Most of the reponses I've seen from the company, even from the Charlie Chat, seem to say, we "expect" or "anticipate" CI will be back or a deal with the NHL will be in place in a few weeks. With an 18-month commitment needed, I had hoped to hear something more definitive. Especially since Dish still doesn't have our RSN in HD -- Fox Bay Area Sports -- and "might" have it later this year.

Direct has CI and apparently will have NHL Network. According to a source I heard, the U.S. version of that channel will probably be lit up before Christmas.

But I've read on this site that Dish has a better version of CI.

I think my head is going to explode like an Al MacInnis slapshot.

I'm still deciding whether to go Dish or Direct, having gotten sick of cable. Dish seemed to have the edge, because of the 722, as well as some unusual film offerings.

But the whole Center Ice question is troubling. Most of the reponses I've seen from the company, even from the Charlie Chat, seem to say, we "expect" or "anticipate" CI will be back or a deal with the NHL will be in place in a few weeks. With an 18-month commitment needed, I had hoped to hear something more definitive. Especially since Dish still doesn't have our RSN in HD -- Fox Bay Area Sports -- and "might" have it later this year.

Direct has CI and apparently will have NHL Network. According to a source I heard, the U.S. version of that channel will probably be lit up before Christmas.

i'm in a similar position - i am currently with directv but would love CI with dish as in previous years they televise both feeds for the out of market games - a big attraction. Directv does not do this - only the home feed is shown.

where did you hear about the NHL Network coming to Directv? i haven't heard that- but i'm sure you heard that its supposed to be coming to Dish -

if i can kept confirmation on both of the above i'd switch to dish in a heartbeat...

The 18 month commitment is NOT mandatory for new customers..You may decline . The drawback is you do not get the $49.99 credited back to you. And the dish home protection plan is not free.

I think Direct listed NHL Network among its many future channel assignments, but no indication about when it would actually go live.

I also haven't seen any indication Direct is going to add more CI options or expand the HD offerings.

I'd need to make the big commitment to snare the free 722.

Hope Dish locks in CI sooner, rather than later. I assumed they made money by offering it and that there would be no question about it being picked up for another year. Hopefully this is more of a formality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)