NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I think at this point we need to just stay patient, which believe me is tough to say when talking about Dish. But when the head of programming goes on record about wrapping up a new deal with NHL Center Ice and NHL Network with a launch date of October 1st, you gotta believe it's going to happen. I think if there was a problem you'd hear something like, "we're continuing to talk with the NHL about bringing back their package, we're going to do everything we can for our hockey fans!" We shall see...

Hmm...I wonder if I am crazy or not...but last night the channel 543 showed NHL Center Ice in the Program guide. When you clicked on info, it gave you the 800 number to call and subscribe, and when you clicked on the channel, it gave you a page Dish Season Ticket. I thought this channel disappeared a week ago, or maybe I was dreaming.

Lets hope they announce a deal soon, before I switch over to direct tv and be forced to have get the YES Network and my Buffalo Area Locals in HD.

Hmm...I wonder if I am crazy or not...but last night the channel 543 showed NHL Center Ice in the Program guide. When you clicked on info, it gave you the 800 number to call and subscribe, and when you clicked on the channel, it gave you a page Dish Season Ticket. I thought this channel disappeared a week ago, or maybe I was dreaming.

Lets hope they announce a deal soon, before I switch over to direct tv and be forced to have get the YES Network and my Buffalo Area Locals in HD.

That channel has been there since the season ended.
I did see a add for Dish's season ticket and they had Center Ice in the list of logos that they showed.

There is another possibility......as unlikely as it is. That he may be trying to do to DirecTV what they did to him with Extra Innings. Work out some sort of exclusivity deal with the NHL. Of course, something like this wouldn't begin this season.

I wonder why this is taking so long. I can't believe that the NHL would be a tough bargaining parter. The league is trying to get an audience wherever it can find it. I'm pretty sure there will be a CI on Dish this season but I think Charlie has got something else up his sleeve.

You want to know why this is taking so long? Because Charlie throws nickels around like they are manhole covers, thats why. :D

camps just opened - first games are the ducks v kings 9/29 & 9/30 in LONDON ENGLAND - North America gets underway 10/3

Question: NHL HD is that coming anytime soon?
Answer: NHL network will include center ice.
Eric Sahl: we are wrapping up negotiations for NHL HD it will have out of market games (center ice) expected launch Oct 1st,
we will have most of the center ice games in HD

That is from the Charlie Chat recap.
So I am guessing we won't hear ANYTHING untill Oct. 1st

i'm hoping before then--i'm with directv but will switch to dish if/ when they get CI, NHL Network and if they show both feeds of each game-- trouble is once the season starts i'm stuck paying for CI - then if i switch from directv to dish i'll have to pay for CI again - i really wish they'd commit and announce it sooner rather than later...

Whats going to happen is Dish Network is going to post on their web site or in a press release that they already offer tons of Hockey on Versus and the NEW NHL Network, and HDNet ect. so they don't feel the need to pay CI their fees.

Whats going to happen is Dish Network is going to post on their web site or in a press release that they already offer tons of Hockey on Versus and the NEW NHL Network, and HDNet ect. so they don't feel the need to pay CI their fees.

I'm giving Dish Network until September 26th (7 days prior to the start of the season) to announce that they will indeed have NHL Center Ice and that we can now purchase it. If they have made no announcement by then, I will be leaving for Directv as I have been allowed to leave without having to pay the early cancellation fee since they are not providing promised programming.

Just got told tonight (by a CSR so who know's) that they still don't have a deal with the NHL for CI.. This for me too will be reason enough to leave.. DTV is looking better everytime I have to call. No CI will seal the deal regardless of early term fees..

Brad

Does anyone have a good side by side comparison of DTV and DISH in regards to the channels that they offer? I'd like to see what channels i'd lose and what channels i'd gain by switching to DTV. HD/SD.

Does anyone have a good side by side comparison of DTV and DISH in regards to the channels that they offer? I'd like to see what channels i'd lose and what channels i'd gain by switching to DTV. HD/SD.

My friend has DTV, and I would never got to DTV. He pays more and gets less. Especially in the HD dept.

watching headline news right now and there was a commercial for dish sports season ticket that prominently featured hockey and had the center ice logo at the end (among other sports). but the bulk of the highlights shown were hockey.

fwiw...

I was just told by a CSR that C.I. negotiations have been concluded and that prices and schedule will be up next week.

I take this with a grain of salt, as he also insisted there was no such thing as Fox Sports Network Bay Area in HD. When pressed, he said Comcast and DirecTV were carrying a 720p upconversion, which is not actually HD. Dish, he explained, only carries true HD.

Uh-huh.

Well, I was on my way to Direct. But maybe I'll hold off until beginning of next week. Is C.I. carrying those Kings-Ducks games from England on Sept. 29, 30?

I just wrote the ceo at Echostar this morning and this is what i got back this afternoon. Doesn't sound like anything has been concluded as yet........this stinks with the season only a few weeks away :mad:

Hello,

We are working on our deal with the NHL and we fully anticipate making Center Ice available to our subscribers this year. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks. We are looking forward to the upcoming season.

Thank you,

xxxxx

Executive Communications

EchoStar Satellite L.L.C dba DISH Network

xxxxxxxx@echostar.com

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)