NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I don't think we are allowed to talk about FTA on this forum. You may want to look for a FTA specific message board to get the answer to your question.

They advertise for it at the top of this page. I wouldn't be talking about it if Dish was not trying to deprive me of watching hockey

Depriving you? Since when do they owe it to you?

I think they owe it to their customers. If you advertise the Center Ice package to entice people to sign up, lock them in an 18 month commitment, then take that away before their agreement is up, I think they are f'n us over.

The least they can do is let customers out of their agreement that bought the package last year.

I think they owe it to their customers. If you advertise the Center Ice package to entice people to sign up, lock them in an 18 month commitment, then take that away before their agreement is up, I think they are f'n us over.

The least they can do is let customers out of their agreement that bought the package last year.

I emailed a gentleman over at the echostar email address and the guy there said he would let me out of my agreement if they don't carry NHL CI. I told him they have until September 26th (7 days prior to the beginning of the season for my Flyers) to announce they WILL carry Nhl Center Ice. If I hear nothing by then, I'm going to Directv. What makes me mad is during the Summer when I was looking into a new service, I was leaning towards Directv but Dish offering the free HDDVR as opposed to Directv charging $200 for it brought me to Dish. Now I'm going to have to pay for it anyway if Dish does nothing with the hockey package.

I emailed a gentleman over at the echostar email address and the guy there said he would let me out of my agreement if they don't carry NHL CI. I told him they have until September 26th (7 days prior to the beginning of the season for my Flyers) to announce they WILL carry Nhl Center Ice. If I hear nothing by then, I'm going to Directv. What makes me mad is during the Summer when I was looking into a new service, I was leaning towards Directv but Dish offering the free HDDVR as opposed to Directv charging $200 for it brought me to Dish. Now I'm going to have to pay for it anyway if Dish does nothing with the hockey package.

I'm in same boat as you. I jsut signed another 18 month contract last month but I am going to switch to D* if I dont hear anything soon. I have heard from other people saying they could get out of their contract after they called dish and finally got through to the right person. We should all try and keep calling till we get a name of a guy that will let us out of our contract. Do you know of any good D* deals for first time customers?

Come on, on the Charlie Chat transcript at http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/106793-charlie-chat-recap-9-10-7-a.html the question about NHL-CI was asked and they said:

"Question Paul(aka stone phillips 420):
Jim , Charlie good evening, first of all I would like to give out a shout out to SatelliteGuys.US Pils, Scott G. Dishstore.net and jstarjay . I sure would like to see hockey on that big 108" er
Answer: You'r gonna get it, we expect to launch the NHL Center Ice in HD this season and all out of market games plus we have RSN's
2nd Question: NHL HD is that coming anytime soon?
Answer: NHL network will include center ice.
Eric Sahl: we are wrapping up negotiations for NHL HD it will have out of market games (center ice) expected launch Oct 1st,
we will have most of the center ice games in HD"

And we know Charlie and company always follow through on what they say;)

Just saw this posted on another website..Looks like Dish is the only one left to sign an agreement but they're trying to get NHL Network to be part of the NHL CI package...

AS OF THIS DATE DISH NETWORK IS THE ONLY US TV PROVIDER NOT TO SIGN WITH NHL CENTER ICE OR REACH A DEAL.
A DEAL IS EXPECTED TO GET COMPLETED THIS WEEK, IN TIME AND BY 10/1 WILL BE TAKING ORDERS FOR CUSTOMERS.
DISH NETWORK IS TRYING TO GET THE NHL NETWORK INCLUDED IN THE NEW DEAL.
BASICALLY IT WOULD GIVE CUSTOMERS ACCESS TO NHL NETWORK IF THEY SUBSCRIBE TO NHL CENTER ICE,
ALMOST THE SAME WITH THE NBA, IF U SIGN UP FOR LEAGUE PASS U GET NBA TV WITH THE SERVICE.
SO WE WILL SEE IF THAT GETS COMPLETED.
NHL CENTER ICE HAS REACHED A NEW DEAL WITH DIRECTV AND INDEMAND WHICH SERVES CABLE COMPAINES LIKE COMCAST ETC.
NHL NETWORK TO LAUNCH ON 10-/16 ON COMCAST IN THE PITTSBURGH AREA SO FAR THE ONLY AREA.
AS FAR AS DIRECTV, I ASSUME WHEN THEY REACHED A NEW DEAL TO KEEP THE CENTER ICE PACKAGE ON THEIR SERVICE, A DEAL WITH NHL NETWORK WAS REACHED, SO YOU CAN EXPECT NHL NETWORK ON DIRECTV, HOWEVER NO CHANNEL NUMBER NOR LAUNCH DATE WAS ANNOUNCED SO WILL SEE IF ITS INCLUDED WITH THE CENTER ICE PACAKGE.

Just saw this posted on another website..Looks like Dish is the only one left to sign an agreement but they're trying to get NHL Network to be part of the NHL CI package...

If you go the Direct's site you will see that they are taking orders and the also have all the channel numbers listed.
Still nothing about Dish though.

I'm not sure, I'm still trying to find out where it came from. Hopefully it has some truth to it and Dish will have it up for order sometime this week.

I hope thats true especially since it was discussed on Charlie Chat. I again emailed the ceo late last week asking the status but did not even get a reply back. The clock is ticking to opening faceoff.

I'm crossing my fingers big-time since I've not been able to get a commitment waiver from three levels of Dish reps. At least if they reach a deal but don't reach it by Oct. 1, you can see the first week of Center Ice online for free.

I too am crossing my fingers. If they don't budge on letting me out of my contract early, i'll be forced to just deal with the NHL Center Ice Online option until next season or until they work something out this season (if they do). Just doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money to jump out of an agreement plus the cost of the package to see the games.

Also, i've enjoyed Dish Network's service/programming and don't plan on leaving them until Verizon FIOS has the CI package.

I was D* sub for 7 yrs before switching to E* 12 months ago. I paid the $49 to waive the 18 month contract but I just paid $40 to activate USB and have 300 gig of stuff backed up. I'm afraid if they dont get this deal ironed out, I'm stuck with NO hockey this year, other than VS/Hdnet, maybe NHL net???

You think there'd be some regulation to protect the consumer. What's next? I need directv for CNN, dish for MSNBC, and cable for Fox news? Who do you blame? The feds? D*? sports leagues? :mad:

Then again, maybe it'll all work itself out. Hey, now I know what it's like to be a paranoid Dish consumer. ;)

Hey Guys, I am new to this site, and this is my first post here, so go easy on me. I just was reading all of the different posts to this thread, and just wanted to ask you guys a question about the NHL Network. Is there any word on if this channel will be available to those of us who are not subscribing to NHL CI? And was it mentioned if the NHL network will be broadcast in HD? Thanks Guys.

It sounds like (but I could be wrong) that only CI subscribers would get the NHL Network. But, who knows, we Dish subscribers might get neither. :(

It sounds like (but I could be wrong) that only CI subscribers would get the NHL Network. But, who knows, we Dish subscribers might get neither. :(

That the way I also understood it was only CI subs that would get the NHL Network. But E* subs might be only getting the "shaft" of the hockey stick and nothing else if an agreement between E* and CI isnt reached soon.

Well, that is too bad. I guess I will just keep watching and waiting. That is about all I can do now... I think Dish tries to hard to save their customers some money. I would be willing to pay extra for the NHL Network, settle the dang agreement, and move on already!!

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts