NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I hope they come to an agreement.

The NHL needs Dish Network more then Dish Network needs the NHL.

Fer gosh sakes do something, Scott! We need our Center Ice! :D

But yea, agreed. NHL is in need of all the media outlets it can get these days. Cutting off E* customers would be a mistake.

I just switched to Dish in early August and will really be upset if no Center Ice Package is available. I guess I can live without but I dont want to. I wonder if I can have Center Ice only with Directv using my old Tivo's as an option.

For all that is Holy, where is hockey???

I am with all of you. I was a comcast subsciber with CI and switched to Dish thinking that just because they had it last year, they would have it this year...

Being a Canadian living in Denver, I NEED MY HOCKEY!!!!!!

I would hate to have to switch again so soon...but if I have to, I will...

FYI-Just got off the phone with Dish C/S and the response was the same...they have no clue.

Thanks!

Ian

:mad:

Hang in there guys!! I am reading reports that the reason Dish is taking so long is because they want NHL Network apart of NHL Center Ice. This would be great for us fans because it wouldn't cost us anymore then it would with any other provider. I have read CI will definitely still be offered BEFORE the season starts if this falls through.

On a side note, the reason Directv struck a deal so fast with the NHL reguarding CI is because they didn't try to buddle NHL Network with CI. I have been reading from Directv customers that they are getting responses back saying "at this time we will not be offering NHL Network" when asking about if Directv will be carrying the channel. So the ones who have already switched might get screwed and probably should have waited this out a little longer.

Hang in there guys!! I am reading reports that the reason Dish is taking so long is because they want NHL Network apart of NHL Center Ice. This would be great for us fans because it wouldn't cost us anymore then it would with any other provider. I have read CI will definitely still be offered BEFORE the season starts if this falls through.

On a side note, the reason Directv struck a deal so fast with the NHL reguarding CI is because they didn't try to buddle NHL Network with CI. I have been reading from Directv customers that they are getting responses back saying "at this time we will not be offering NHL Network" when asking about if Directv will be carrying the channel. So the ones who have already switched might get screwed and probably should have waited this out a little longer.

Sighhhhh.... Thank you Im relieved but not verified. Just to mention im watching NYI against NYR on Center Ice Online right know, i got the free package!!!

What is your source crimp?

Crimpshine.....thanks for keeping us updated on what you hear. Please keep us posted!!!!

I'm praying that what you've heard is the truth.

Just for the record, I called the Echostar Cororate offices in Englewood, Colorado yesterday and the guy I spoke with in the "Executive Resolutions" office had no answer as to whether it would be available. He said sometimes these things go right down to the wire. He had no info about any of it. So i am curious as to where some people are getting confirmed dates as Oct 1st etc??

Just for the record, I called the Echostar Cororate offices in Englewood, Colorado yesterday and the guy I spoke with in the "Executive Resolutions" office had no answer as to whether it would be available. He said sometimes these things go right down to the wire. He had no info about any of it. So i am curious as to where some people are getting confirmed dates as Oct 1st etc??

I talked to Dish yesterday and that is exactly what they said. 'Down to the wire'. They also mentioned that "the college football package was finalized the day before the season started and this just might be the same way."

BTW, there is a game on Saturday. Is that regular season or still exhibition?

Late

the Sunday versus game is not on their hd schedule or hd guide. I guess I underestimated how poor, underequipped, and unskilled they are.

It seems i say this at the start of every NHL season...I hope espn gets the NHL back in a few years.

Ci

ok i called dish network today and this is what they said "we are talking to the NHL right now trying to get CI" so they are still trying right now

Crap, you're right. I guess I'll have to watch Saturday's game with the online version of Center Ice.

No HDNET for ya? Not sure if you ever thought about upgrading to HD, but if you are a fan of ice hockey it is an absolute MUST!

And HDNET has very good hockey coverage. Also looking forward to have VS HD all season.

Now let's get this damn Center Ice deal done (with the NHL network) along with making all those NHLHD channels live and E* will be blowing everyone out of the water as far as NHL coverage!

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts