NHL Center Ice Renewal...

If the Center Ice deal really wasn't reached until yesterday, then this is weird: I got a letter in the mail today saying that my CI subscription would automatically be renewed. It had to have been sent a couple of days ago.

If the Center Ice deal really wasn't reached until yesterday, then this is weird: I got a letter in the mail today saying that my CI subscription would automatically be renewed. It had to have been sent a couple of days ago.

I"d guess the deal would have been reached at least a day or two prior to them updating their site. So they probably mailed out your letter the same day they started the ball rolling on updating the site and letting the goat herders know (Which none of them understood obviously).

i really wanna know if dish got it so we can see both tv feeds like before and did they get NHL Network if any of u guys have heard anything please let me know

I thought I remember someone saying one of the sticking points for CI was that they wanted the NHL Channel separate from CI. Is my memory faulty about this?

Geoff
I bought the CI package earlier today(9/27)..It's a done deal..$149 earlybird price 'til 10/9....after that it goes up 20 bucks

I bought the CI package earlier today(9/27)..It's a done deal..$149 earlybird price 'til 10/9....after that it goes up 20 bucks
You misunderstood what I was asking. The talk lately (last day or two) has been about NHL Channel being bundled with CI. I was trying to ask if I didn't understand that from earlier or was this something that we just don't know.

Geoff

Now the question is what will be in HD

Last year I remember seeing about2 games week in HD with CI. Here is a quote from a poster in the previous link

"Channels 540-542 are now part of HD PPV movies. I think they dropped three channels because there will be games in HD, so they may not show both feeds when one feed is HD and the other is SD (purely speculation on my part). Dish has the HD Center Ice channels as 9543-9558, but that is deceiving, they can’t actually provide that many HD games at once. The HD regional sports nets, NBAHD and NHLHD packages for the most part all share the same transponder (I think FSNRM & FSNNY are on a different transponder). In a nutshell, that means that no more than 8 different HD channels can be broadcast at once. I’m pretty sure that the majority of the NHLHD and NBAHD games will be mapped from the RSN HD channel, so its not like anything will be double broadcasted. I’m not holding my breath though for any non RSN HD games (TSNHD, CBCHD, etc), although I would love HNIC in HD!!!!! I’m also not counting on the NHLHD games getting priority over NBAHD games, I’d like to think it would be split equally, but I can see Saturdays NHLHD channels being the odd man out as College football, NBA and NHL all compete for those 8 channels.
Oh, and the NHL Network will be channel 403 and 559. This leads me to believe that the NHL Network will be included with the CI package and the multi-sport package, just like NBATV."

I would be happy to get a few games a night in HD but it would be awesome to get every RSN available in HD. Who knows maybe dish will surprise us.

Yea i see that they are giving us both feeds this year again along with the CBC feed.

you see both feeds for games?? what's the saturday 9am??

this is great! i'm thisclose to switching from directv, primarily for both feeds but was told by csr that they won't be showing both feeds. so they are???

Dish rep CSRs are the India equivilent to McDonald employees here. They get less than $2 a week (avg salary in India). You need to accept anything they say may be inaccurate.

i figure as much, but this was new sales so don't ya know- i got a good ole boy from st lou-- very friendly, somewhat helpful and english speaking! i know once you're on board you get dumped to india!

interesting...

sat morning kings ducks game at 9am:
fs prime ticket feed - ok
cbc feed - ok
hdnet feed - blacked out
hdnet encore @9pm - ok

only hd feed is hdnet

as of this morning anyway...

wow- great! interested to hear after the wkd games if they indeed showed multiple broadcasts! please let us know-- also if you see NHL Network--thanks again for the info!!

Dish rep CSRs are the India equivilent to McDonald employees here. They get less than $2 a week (avg salary in India). You need to accept anything they say may be inaccurate.

I had a real struggle ordering center ice.......15 minutes on the phone, the woman kept asking if I wanted to order NHL Super Ice ??? argggh.... Anyway i did check my menu under "Recent Activity" and CI shows up so all is good. :)

BTW....

The Stanley Cup will be returning to Hockeytown in 2008.

Lidstrom_With_Cup_JPG_small.jpg

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)