NHL Center Ice Renewal...

BTW....

The Stanley Cup will be returning to Hockeytown in 2008.

Lidstrom_With_Cup_JPG_small.jpg

yeah, when sean avery and brendan shannahan want to show there old teamates the hardware! :D

So how do we know which games will be in HD? I don't see the HD versions of the NHL CI channels.

The HD channels are only uplinked at this point. They've not been lit.

Also, nothing on Prime Ticket HD (west) at 9am on Sat so I keep hoping they might slide the Kings/Ducks game in there. But knowing the NHL we will probably get it in SD. I am honestly considering just waiting til later and watching the replay on HDNET.

Shanny is one guy I really miss seeing in a Wing's jersey. Avery, on the other hand.....not so much.

shanny is one classy guy- saw an interview with him on MSG the other nite and they asked him why he 'showed his hand' to the rangers as a free agent this year. he said he didn't want to play games and only wanted to play in NYC. he told sather 'go and get the guys you want (via free agency) then call me and will get a deal done. he laughed about it, stating it was not the best negotiation ploy. very refreshing to find an athelete like that!

shanny is one classy guy- saw an interview with him on MSG the other nite and they asked him why he 'showed his hand' to the rangers as a free agent this year. he said he didn't want to play games and only wanted to play in NYC. he told sather 'go and get the guys you want (via free agency) then call me and will get a deal done. he laughed about it, stating it was not the best negotiation ploy. very refreshing to find an athelete like that!

That is very classy. Its nice to have some athletes around that really care about the 'Team' and not just their pocketbook.

Yzerman was the same way. He'd make a sacrafice to clear up some cap space.

"Also, nothing on Prime Ticket HD (west) at 9am on Sat so I keep hoping they might slide the Kings/Ducks game in there. But knowing the NHL we will probably get it in SD. I am honestly considering just waiting til later and watching the replay on HDNET."

I believe it is being carried live by HDNET. I received a promo email from them stating that, and it is showing up in my guide at noon ET/ 9a PT.

After further investigation...

Man blacked out for me too. I'm glad I didn't invite all those people over to celebrate the new season in HD. This sucks! Come on dish/NHL.

hoep they uplink nhldnetwork s in tiem for sudnay start

teh agem taht yaorue talking woduelb lvie nbut on dhnet cnda aths eth oen we reive ine xmico strngle

ok=- this is too funny -

Bright House Networks has announced it is introducing four new high definition television channels Oct. 2 and will add the NHL Network to its Digital Sports Pack product in November.
The company is adding TBS HD, HGTV HD, The History Channel HD and the Food Network HD, bringing the total number of high definition channels it offers to 24. More channels are expected to be introduced to Central Florida customers in March.
The high definition channels are offered at no additional charge. Customers will also incur no extra charge for the Digital Sports Pack with the addition of NHL Network. The price will remain at $1.99 per month.
Bright House serves more than 850,000 customers in Central Florida.

the rest of us hockey fans are dying the nhl network and its showing in FLORIDA!

BTW....

The Stanley Cup will be returning to Hockeytown in 2008.

Lidstrom_With_Cup_JPG_small.jpg

HAHA, wishfull thinking, last year season ticket holders didnt even want playoff tickets.

Sorry, I couldnt help it, but now for my real question. While I await DISH, I dont have HDNET with cable, but with the free preview of CI will we be able to watch saturdays game on the package? sundays I know wont be because of versus.

Sorry, I couldnt help it, but now for my real question. While I await DISH, I dont have HDNET with cable, but with the free preview of CI will we be able to watch saturdays game on the package? sundays I know wont be because of versus.

I believe so. According to the schedule for the NHL.tv Center Ice Package online, it is not blacked out.

guide shows an anaheim feed and cbc feed, both SD.

so far, no HD on guide. I bet with most teams announcing only 10 HD games per year, there wont be much available.Kinda like all the new HD channels on D*:D

Has anyone whom had CI last year, been auto billed for it this year? I am planning on waiting until the deadline to officially order it online at the reduced price, just in case I get fed up with the feeds and move over to D*, or even worse Time Warner. BTW, Time Warner is advertising in the Buffalo area that the Sabres games at home will be broadcast exclusively on MSG-HD. Anyone heard if Dish is gonna get the HD feed for MSG. Last year the resolution sucked big time on the SD feed for MSG for the Buffalo area.

Has anyone whom had CI last year, been auto billed for it this year? I am planning on waiting until the deadline to officially order it online at the reduced price, just in case I get fed up with the feeds and move over to D*, or even worse Time Warner. BTW, Time Warner is advertising in the Buffalo area that the Sabres games at home will be broadcast exclusively on MSG-HD. Anyone heard if Dish is gonna get the HD feed for MSG. Last year the resolution sucked big time on the SD feed for MSG for the Buffalo area.

I don't want to flame.. so let me put this as gently as I know how...

WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE SWITCH FROM DISH TO DTV OR TW FOR NHL COVERAGE????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just curious.

I don't want to flame.. so let me put this as gently as I know how...

WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE SWITCH FROM DISH TO DTV OR TW FOR NHL COVERAGE????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just curious.

I think if faced with the choice of either HD coverage for their own team, or HD coverage for only other teams, many people would choose the former.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)