NHL center ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry you don't believe me, but it is true. Talked to the nicest customer retention rep ever...
She gave me that and told me that it was the new policy to give that out for free to people mad about VS.

I told her my team would still be blacked out, so she gave me a 200 credit to get VS on cable until this was sorted out...

I might have to try this myself, given the Vs & MSG/HD issues with CI.

I have a question about it, if it's ok with you, no need to reply if this is considered "prying" :)

Recently, there's been a lot of discussion about customers getting various credits (ie "deals") with DTV, ST price discounts, etc., and what determines when a customer is granted price discounts.

My question: Did you have any other active credits in your acct before sucessfully receiving the free CI?

I ask this because I asked for and received price discounts for the ST pkg in August so I wonder what my chances are to get a CI deal. When I called last month about ST, that was the first time I had called DTV to ask for a discount of any kind since I've been a DTV subs (since '99).

Regarding CI, there are understandably issues with those of us that have been CI subs with the reduction of value in the pkg due to the loss of the exclusive NHL games on Vs, as well as the removal of the MSG teams' home HD feeds.

I will say, imo, that your CSR deserves a :clapfor how she handled your situation. Since I've never been with any other small-dish svc, I don't know how Dish compares with their "retention" dept. I wonder if they go the extra mile to retain a subs.

Dish- Not a chance in hell. I was with them for two long, drawn out, painful years. Their customer service is a JOKE. farmed out to god knows where, and the only way to get something done is threaten to cancel, and actually start the process, because they wont transfer you to the retention department, or as they called it 'executive care', unless you are really ready able and willing to cough up the ETF. DirecTv has been A+ customer service as far as I am concerned, with one minor hiccup.

I, as a new sub, was able to get the standard three movie package deal free for three months. I asked the CSR on the phone if these auto-renew or auto-terminate upon completion of the three month period... She told me they would come right off as if they were never there.... That was not the case. ( I specifically asked, because I was burned by dish with this same thing.) So after they were still there I called and asked them to take them off... (second day after I started being charged...) They told me that due to a "system outage" that they could literally do NOTHING to help me and that I should call back some time later this week. I asked if they could make a note on the account stating that I called to have the programming removed as it didn't come off like it should have. The CSR told me that there was nothing they could do AT ALL. I asked if they have an off-line paper system to file changes and complaints and such. ( I worked at a phone bank before, there is a redundant form for everything in case of system outages..) She told me no there was not.

I called back the next day and was told the same thing. No systems, Nothing they could do.

I called back two days later during "system maintenance time" which apparently they do in the middle of the day every tuesday and wednesday. I was told AGAIN to call back.

By this time I had being paying for the channels I did not want for over a week or so, and was infuriated that they were going to charge me for the time I had them and wouldn't remove the charges. They would gladly cancel the movie channels, but would not refund my 15 bucks or whatever it was... Now, I could have surly just made the payment, Its not like I didn't have 15 bucks, but it was the principle of the matter. I told them that I called about four times and was unable to obtain any help from anyone, I gave dates and times called and all of them synced with the times their system was down. After speaking to a supervisor they did finally credit my account the back charges, because apparently there is an "off-line CS form" that the agents are supposed to use to take physical notes and information down... She told me this wasn't the first time that the reps didn't do that portion of their jobs correctly and that she was happy to help me out. She even gave me a free pay-per-view movie credit!

When I called about VS, I told the CSR kid that I was peeved, and that I thought it stated they would try to give us a 30 day notice of a channel being pulled and that I wanted to talk to some one about my next course of action. This is a channel that I watch all the time, especially during hockey season.. My team the MN WILD (Go WILD!) are on VS seven times this year!! He told me to hold on and he would xfer me to Retention...

After I spoke to the Retention rep for a while it was clear that she just wanted to sell me CI. I told her that it was useless with out "moving" as they were still going to black out my team when they play. I asked to speak to her supervisor, as I really didn't feel she cared much about my situation... She came back on the line to tell me that her supervisor said that I am more than willing to pay the ETF and enjoy less HD on cable, and she wouldn't take the call.

I WAS PISSED. How dare you not take my call, that is unacceptable. The Retention rep told me to hold on, that she was going to try to get her on the line but she was in a hurry to leave for the day!

I then got transferred to a new supervisor who apologized profusely for the other sup not taking the call. She then asked me what was going on... I told her my tale of woe about not being able to watch hockey.

She then informed me that she had been with D* for over 12 years, and that she would love to attempt to make me happy (Keep in mind, I had not raised my voice at all, except at the point where the supervisor refused my call.) She told me that the standard thing to do was offer CI free, at no charge for a year. I told her about the black outs... She said that she has also been giving $200 credits to get cable for VS, while still maintaining your DirecTv service. So after some chit chat, (She was the NICEST rep EVER!) she credited my account 200 (and 13 somthing in tax too!) and added CI and credited that later, as the computers were slow....

Sorry for the long post, but I hope thats enough information for you to determine the outcome of what might happen should you call.

So far, I like D*. I just want my VS back before OCT!!

Schaaf.

Feel free to look at the screen shot of my DirecTv online "recent activity" I took. (second page.)

She said she has been giving that same offer out all week. Don't know what to tell ya.
Im just letting you know what happened for me when I called in about VS.

If you will notice in the screen shot, there is a 200 dollar credit, then the charge for CI, then the credit for CI.

Not sure why you cannot believe this, I have provided ample proof, including a screen shot taken directly from the account "recent activity" box...

My balance was zero, as I had just made my 66 dollar payment, I got a 200 credit (plus tax for some reason too.) A charge for CI, and then the credit for CI and the tax... Bringing my balance negative to (213.xx)

Not sure why you still don't believe me.

Here is the screen shot again, in case you missed it.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-09-11 at 7.51.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-09-11 at 7.51.20 PM.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 161
If you will notice in the screen shot, there is a 200 dollar credit, then the charge for CI, then the credit for CI.

Not sure why you cannot believe this, I have provided ample proof, including a screen shot taken directly from the account "recent activity" box...

My balance was zero, as I had just made my 66 dollar payment, I got a 200 credit (plus tax for some reason too.) A charge for CI, and then the credit for CI and the tax... Bringing my balance negative to (213.xx)

Not sure why you still don't believe me.

Here is the screen shot again, in case you missed it.

I said it seemed ierd not that I did not believe you. That called Rentention Agent who is going nuts with her credit limit. As everyone given a judgement call credit.

But the 200 is not a normal offer . Apparently they gave it to you just not common among rentention offers as the agen her her credit limit vs an dtv offer.

Well I just got off the phone with D*, and the best they would give me was $5 off for 3 months of the "Sports pack" which includes Fox Sports Detroit, BUT, wouldn't Red Wings games be blacked out, since I'm out of market? I live in PA. She said they wouldn't be but she also didn't sound like she knew too much. I guess it would be ok to get that but if the Wings are gonna be blacked out on it then there is no use. Can anyone answer that definitively?

unless you're in one of those areas where you can get more than one team with the sports pack you'll be blacked out

Detroit to PA? yeah it will be blacked out

I just got off the phone and the best I could do was $50 off CI. I am a newer customer, only about 4 months, so I really wasn't going to cancel and eat the fees, so I am glad to get the $50 off.

What did you say to get the $50 off? And who exactly did you talk to? $50 off the early bird price of CI is a no brainer for me

What did you say to get the $50 off? And who exactly did you talk to? $50 off the early bird price of CI is a no brainer for me

Just called customer service line, said how upset I was with the loss of Vs. considering how D* bills themselves as the be al and all of sports and asked what they could do for me. The giuy muttered around for a bit and I asked him if he could cut me a deal on CI and he offered me the $50 off.

I was able to put up enough fuss to get CI for 50% off. They gave me a credit of $81.90. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Still......really need that Versus....

Just called customer service line, said how upset I was with the loss of Vs. considering how D* bills themselves as the be al and all of sports and asked what they could do for me. The giuy muttered around for a bit and I asked him if he could cut me a deal on CI and he offered me the $50 off.

Do either you of you have NFLST and also receive a discount on that package? I currently have NFLST on a $20 per month credit. I called and voice my displeasure on VS and No MSG-HD and MSG+-HD on NHLCI. They actually acknowledged that the issue is there but no plans to compensate people. What bothers me is I am a huge Devils fan and SD sucks on a my LCD. I dealt with it for three months last. The women in Retention there is no plans on offer credits. I am not asking for the world but if to me it is fair that credit is offered at a minimum of $22 to cover the for teams lost on the HD feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)