NHL center ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I tryed to get a discount like everyone was getting for football.
But did not get one .Did anyone try to get one for center ice yet
like I did?

The pricing is set by the NHL (I think), so the give room is much less.

Last year I got some free movie package for 3 or 6 months or something like that, but I had never had it before.

From everything I've read, there is little success in negotiating NBA/NHL/MLB compared to NFL. When someone does get something, it is probably attributed to their general account status and things they are eligible for that they just piggy back on when talking to you about the sports package.

I've already ordered NHL Center Ice for this coming season. I used to order it with Charter Cable(sounds funny saying that). I'm looking forward to seeing it on D* now. I don't know anything about discounts since I'm new,but NHL Center Ice has always seemed cheap to me compared to MLB Extra Innings which I also get.

I've already ordered NHL Center Ice for this coming season. I used to order it with Charter Cable(sounds funny saying that). I'm looking forward to seeing it on D* now. I don't know anything about discounts since I'm new,but NHL Center Ice has always seemed cheap to me compared to MLB Extra Innings which I also get.

I carry both too. There is only about $30 or $40 difference from NHL to MLB, and MLB plays about twice the games that NHL teams play.

Both are good value if you're a fan of the game though.

I called yesterday and said cancel at the voice prompt. That gets you to retention and those CSRs have a lot more leeway.

I not only complained about the price of CI but the loss of VS as well. I got $20/month off for 6 months for keeping CI and and additional $10/month for a year for VS.

It always pays to ask.

Until this year, I'd never have considered calling to try for a CI price break but due to the recession and the loss of the MSG HD feeds, I might try this on Tuesday. I don't know how my situation would fly since I recently called and got a ST deal. That was the 1st time I'd ever called DTV for a price reduction of any kind since I've had DTV ('99).

As far as the VS issue, if I call for a CI price break, I don't plan on bringing that up to a CSR since the VS NHL games are/have been exclusive to VS and weren't included in CI.

I did call CSR the last night that VS was lit and had a nice long talk with the CSR. Talk was good, I just let her know that the guys on the "forums" were aware of some of the issues with the "VS vs Comcast" story. We talked about what might happen on the CSR switchboards when the Texas/Wyoming gametime started. She wasn't looking forward to that, for sure, as well as Oct (NHL).

I called yesterday and said cancel at the voice prompt. That gets you to retention and those CSRs have a lot more leeway.

I not only complained about the price of CI but the loss of VS as well. I got $20/month off for 6 months for keeping CI and and additional $10/month for a year for VS.

It always pays to ask.

I think I'm going to call & cancel tomorrow. I just don't see any reason to order CI from D* when I will not be able to get the playoff & finals games that will be on Versus ...... most likely I will have to add Time Warner so I can get CBC & Versus. IMO if I have to add TW in order to get to see the most important games of the season then they also deserve my money for the regular season. I'll keep D* because of ST but my package will be the bare minimum I can get by with (instead of the Premier I currently have).

don't forget the regular season and up to the conference finals the versus feed is blacked out so the local regional sports network doesn't lose ratings. I think games 3 or 4 through 7 of the conference finals and all of the stanley cup finals are broadcast ONLY on Versus/NBC.

that said "let's go pens!!!" hopefully sidney and evgeni can repeat this spring.

On a seperate Center Ice note, does anyone know if MSN games will be available in HD this year on center ice?? I am a Devils fan, but live in Pittsburgh area and would love to have my dEvils in HD if I am going to pay for CI. I know MSN had some BS where they wouldn't make the HD feed available, just wondered if they had that cleared up or we were still screwed.

On a seperate Center Ice note, does anyone know if MSN games will be available in HD this year on center ice?? I am a Devils fan, but live in Pittsburgh area and would love to have my dEvils in HD if I am going to pay for CI. I know MSN had some BS where they wouldn't make the HD feed available, just wondered if they had that cleared up or we were still screwed.

Do you mean MSG?

So far, there's been no settlement in the MSG-HD feed issue. If you're out of mkt for the NY area teams with CI, you'll have to rely on the other teams' HD feeds, if availabie. The SD MSG feeds should still be available. They were on CI last year after MSG pulled the HD feeds.

So far, there's been no settlement in the MSG-HD feed issue. If you're out of mkt for the NY area teams with CI, you'll have to rely on the other teams' HD feeds, if availabie. The SD MSG feeds should still be available. They were on CI last year after MSG pulled the HD feeds.
The NHL really needs to get this resolved if they want to keep the fans around. This is one reason why they need to get rid of all these RSN's, and have the leagues themselves should produce and show their own games.

If you call and tell them you are angry with VS being pulled, you get NHL CI for free.

Sorry you don't believe me, but it is true. Talked to the nicest customer retention rep ever...
She gave me that and told me that it was the new policy to give that out for free to people mad about VS.

I told her my team would still be blacked out, so she gave me a 200 credit to get VS on cable until this was sorted out...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-09-11 at 7.51.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-09-11 at 7.51.20 PM.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 199
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts