NHL center ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I tried to search for my answer but maybe I am using the search function incorrectly. I'm sure this may of been answered before, but how does NHL gamecenter and Dish compare on NHL center ice as far as HD is concerned? My main concern is watching all of the St. Louis Blues games with the Fox Sports Midwest feed.

On gamecenter, I was able to watch all of the Blues games in HD this past year on gamecenter, except of course the ones on NBCSN and NHL network. The annoying thing about gamecenter is that sometimes the dvr function would mess up on my PS3 and also if I didn't start the game on my PS3 before the game was over, it would not allow me to watch the game right away, gamecenter would just give me a message that the replay was not available yet, please try again later.

I just want to make sure that on dish I will get all of the Blues games with the Blues (FSMW) announcers/commentators, and not have to watch any of their games in SD. Thanks for your help!

I tried to search for my answer but maybe I am using the search function incorrectly. I'm sure this may of been answered before, but how does NHL gamecenter and Dish compare on NHL center ice as far as HD is concerned? My main concern is watching all of the St. Louis Blues games with the Fox Sports Midwest feed.

On gamecenter, I was able to watch all of the Blues games in HD this past year on gamecenter, except of course the ones on NBCSN and NHL network. The annoying thing about gamecenter is that sometimes the dvr function would mess up on my PS3 and also if I didn't start the game on my PS3 before the game was over, it would not allow me to watch the game right away, gamecenter would just give me a message that the replay was not available yet, please try again later.

I just want to make sure that on dish I will get all of the Blues games with the Blues (FSMW) announcers/commentators, and not have to watch any of their games in SD. Thanks for your help!
I was able to watch all of Detroit Red Wings in HD on center ice last year. All center ice channels have an HD and SD feed while NOT ALL have HD every night most do.

I've had center ice for a couple years... as a general rule of thumb, if dish carries the rsn then the game should be in HD. Should be ok with St Louis I recall seeing them lots last year. Boston's great as well as NESN and Dish are friendly with each other ;) Where you'll run into standard def is if dish doesn't carry the rsn for either team. For example any New York teams playing a Canadian team will be standard def only... For what this package costs it should 100% HD IMO. The standard def are very poor quality as well...

Reactions: storey13
I've had center ice for a couple years... as a general rule of thumb, if dish carries the rsn then the game should be in HD. Should be ok with St Louis I recall seeing them lots last year. Boston's great as well as NESN and Dish are friendly with each other ;) Where you'll run into standard def is if dish doesn't carry the rsn for either team. For example any New York teams playing a Canadian team will be standard def only... For what this package costs it should 100% HD IMO. The standard def are very poor quality as well...

Thanks for reply! Does Dish typically carry both feeds each night? Or do they run out of channels on a busy NHL night like most cable systems do?

Yes sometimes 4 channels of the same game... away and home hd & sd.. again provided both teams have their rsns carried by dish. In the case of St. Louis playing a NY team, you'll get St Louis only, no NY sd or hd. They usually have the 1st month on preview... you'll be able to confirm.

I watched all the Blues games last year and there was 2 games not shown in HD when they were on Fox Sports Midwest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)