NHL Center Ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hi, to all of you who have NHL Center Ice (through Dish Network), is it worth it to pay the 3 installments of $53 for it even after 2 months have passed? I'm a newcomer to Hockey and I am already hooked on it, I want to better learn the rules, and I figure the best way is just watching it. I don't get ANY hockey games with what I have now, we don't really watch hockey around here normally, nor do I think we even have a team within 250 miles of here. So, is the package worth it? You get Hockey Night in Canada, and Rogers, TSN, & CBC feeds of games too right? Thanx in advance.

yes you will get the Canadian teams broadcast (with one exception...you WONT get Montreals home games or any broadcast by RDS which is French)

you do get CBC games and TSN games. I dont know about RSN (Rogers Sportsnet) or the PPV ones.

drew2005 said:
Hi, to all of you who have NHL Center Ice (through Dish Network), is it worth it to pay the 3 installments of $53 for it even after 2 months have passed? I'm a newcomer to Hockey and I am already hooked on it, I want to better learn the rules, and I figure the best way is just watching it. I don't get ANY hockey games with what I have now, we don't really watch hockey around here normally, nor do I think we even have a team within 250 miles of here. So, is the package worth it? You get Hockey Night in Canada, and Rogers, TSN, & CBC feeds of games too right? Thanx in advance.

if you want to see nhl you must get center ice...yes they do pick up feeds from canada..I ilke the feature thta allows the viwer to pick which feed they wish to view...Not all teams brodcast games.....Example.....If the RedWings are playing Anaheim..The game will be available on a Detorit Feed and a Feed from LA..You can choose which one to watch.....look at the epg..cenetr ice starts at ch 540....BTW I paid for mine w/ a cerdit card....$129 right up front..Paid the thing off the end of that month

drew2005 said:

The price was $129 before 10/31/05. You could wait until 1/1/06 or 2/1/06 -- the price should come down somewhat - to maybe $119 - $129 for the balance of the season.

Although I am an avid hockey fan, I didn't take it because:

1. I don't believe Dish is showing any games in HD.
2. The first (and second?) round of the playoffs belong to OLN and NBC (or CBS?). That means blackouts for Center Ice.
3. I want to see games in HD and HD Net carries 2 per week.
4. The Canadian version is almost 100% HD and it is cheaper in Canada! I don't like getting ripped off...
5. I live on the west coast and many of the games start at 4:00 p.m. when I am still at work. The local 7:00 games are provided on FSN.

Other than that, I think its great -- especially the Canadian feeds. They know how to broacast hockey in Canada and the cameras are zoomed in way closer to the action...

Last edited:
dishcomm said:
I ilke the feature thta allows the viwer to pick which feed they wish to view...Not all teams brodcast games.....Example.....If the RedWings are playing Anaheim..The game will be available on a Detorit Feed and a Feed from LA..You can choose which one to watch.....
Be aware that this option is ONLY available from Dish Network. Directv does not offer multiple feeds of NHL Center Ice. The price is the same.
--Clint--

grb said:
...1. I don't believe Dish is showing any games in HD.

actually the HDPPV channel does show games occasionally. Certainly more often than HDNet.

Hopefully, they'll expand the selection of HD games with the MPEG4 switch. Most of the regional nets are shooting their games in HD already, so I would hope that Dish picks them up.

I'm on the west coast too, but that's where the 942 comes in handy!

Let's go Rangers!!!...finally...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)