Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a heads up the NHL season starts tonight :)

Freeview of NHL CI from Oct 1-19th....woo hoo!

Can't wait finally here thanks for reminding me and Whoooooooooooooo! :)

Good to know! Thanks. I wish they'd notify us about this stuff, like they used to. What's the point of the messages in the info bar?

They do, email, in messages on your TV, and you can always find that type of info HERE !

Yes, here, a far more reliable place for Directv information than Directv itself. One of the best sites on the Interweb. The only emails I get from Directv are during NFL season (The weekly "this is what's on and what channel" email) and frequent and annoying "these are what movies are on PPV and what's new on Audience" emails. Is there a place to sign up for sports emails? I haven't seen a message on my Genie ever! And when I had HR24/H25, the messages only showed up on the H25.

Yes, here, a far more reliable place for Directv information than Directv itself. One of the best sites on the Interweb. The only emails I get from Directv are during NFL season (The weekly "this is what's on and what channel" email) and frequent and annoying "these are what movies are on PPV and what's new on Audience" emails. Is there a place to sign up for sports emails? I haven't seen a message on my Genie ever! And when I had HR24/H25, the messages only showed up on the H25.

Just wondering, do you have a "Messages" Icon in your Extra's menu ?

actually there was a message on the HR34 a week ago about it....too early to announce it if you ask me. They should have posted one a day or so ago about it

Yes, there is a messages icon in the extras. It is empty. Since Iceberg had one, I am going to add this to the list of things that my Genie doesn't do that it's supposed to.

My friend is also getting the NHL CI Freeview on Time Warner cable, but they still do not have nearly the quantity of HD games that we do. There are very few (just the typical Canadian channel source) on Directv that are SD only.

The Maple Leafs - Canadiens game the other night from CBC looked amazing and the audio was a perfectly mixed 5.1. Switching to the NBCSN game was painful. I still don't understand why CBC isn't on Directv full time, but this is not the thread for that.

There is now a banner for it by the NHL Network. This is the proper use of banners, not advertising the return of Honey Boo Boo.

I'd have to admit they don't always go above & beyond on advertising trials.
?Cleaning out the desk, found a newsletter for Sept./Oct. which tells you about the HD extra pack trial going on now..
I remember once already having that pack for three months, & the receiver letting me know through message that there was a free trial week or weekend

They have added more Canadian HD feeds this year - couple nights ago they had the SportsNet Pacific feed for the Vancouver v. Calgary game, which in the past was always just two SD feeds.

Hopefully they'll keep picking these up as needed, when it is two Canadian teams or a US vs Canadian team where one is unaired or not carried by Directv. Having at least one HD feed of every game possible is a big improvement if they keep it up.

I bought a sub. to CI this year. My problem is it is supposed to include NHL network. I can get it if press the channel directly, but it is grayed out in my guide on my HR 22. If I try to surf it goes directly from 214 to the 215-1 alt. game channel. I think it's some kind of glitch with the free preview. I will probably wait until the preview is over to spend an hour of my life with tech support. Maybe my HR 22 just does weird things. I tried a month of Playboy when it went HD, but it never went away even though they aren't charging me any more.

I never knew CI included NHL network. It wasn't in the past. Maybe you were given wrong info by CS.

AFAIK they're 2 completely different entities.
According to directv.com it is during the season. I wasn't even getting a picture on it until the season started.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts