nhl hd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

austen0316

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Robbinsville, NJ
well i see the hurricans vs penguins is in hd on channel 95, but when i go to it, it says not available in my area now i live in nj, so i know its not a blackout issue. are they only showing the games regional in pittsburgh area?

Im in boston I dont get the game here either. Its a shame too. With the NHL in HD the game translates so much better than in SD. Its nice to be able to follow the puck!

I know I'm probably being dumb, but you guys with EI right?

austen0316 said:
well i see the hurricans vs penguins is in hd on channel 95, but when i go to it, it says not available in my area now i live in nj, so i know its not a blackout issue. are they only showing the games regional in pittsburgh area?

It could have been that the Center Ice package transmission of the Canes/Pittsburgh game was the Pittsburgh RSN and the broadcast on 95 was the Canes RSN. It would be only available to people in the Canes RSN area. Sounds kind of dumb to do that, but it would be a logical answer as to why it wasn't available to many.

I have CI package but was watching the game on HDNET, and didn't think about looking in the 90's for a game.

That's what it was. The HD feed was the Canes, but CI was pittsburgh.

This is a little related, but is everyone else SD feed just horrible for hockey? Some games are nearly not even worth watching since the quality is so crappy---non HD of course.

rlstjohn said:
This is a little related, but is everyone else SD feed just horrible for hockey? Some games are nearly not even worth watching since the quality is so crappy---non HD of course.

Some are better than others, but you are right some are bad. They look exceptionally bad when you are watching a game on HDNET and switch over to a SD broadcast game, you really see the difference.

Another thing I have noticed is on the Bruins games the logo always says NESN-HD, when it is a SD picture. I wonder if they are downgrading the NESN-HD signal o SD.

I will watch two last place teams in HD over most games in SD. I agree most SD games are really bad. My Ducks games are some of the worst.

OK...at least I know it's not a problem on my end. Very annoying though to spend the money on the package and the picture looks pretty crappy. If I didn't subscribe to NHL CI would I still get the games in 90s channels or is this associated with the CI package?

Anhm-Duk said:
I will watch two last place teams in HD over most games in SD. I agree most SD games are really bad. My Ducks games are some of the worst.

rlstjohn said:
OK...at least I know it's not a problem on my end. Very annoying though to spend the money on the package and the picture looks pretty crappy. If I didn't subscribe to NHL CI would I still get the games in 90s channels or is this associated with the CI package?

I think you will only get the games associated with the CI package, in the 90s, if you subscribe to CI. The reason I say that is, I don't subscribe to the NBA package and I don't get any of the NBA games that are in the 90s. I get the "Call for subscription" message.

You may get a few there that are HD, by OLN. And also don't forget the great coverage of HDNET, on Thursdays & Saturdays.

Status
Please reply by conversation.