This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

NHL is back, what about Center Ice?

isn't that price pretty close to what the half season price is anyway? They got to do much better than that.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Game center is currently $50. They just updated their site today to allow enrollment.

isn't that price pretty close to what the half season price is anyway? They got to do much better than that.

Have season of CI would be about $85.

Game center is currently $50. They just updated their site today to allow enrollment.

While I obviously would have preferred free, I think $50 is a fair price. That's about where I guessed it would be. For comparison, I paid $115 for MLB.tv premium last season and according to the my account page it will auto renew for the same price this coming season.

Our systems were just updated today, but not with the price. Center Ice will be available to order on 1/21 in our system, but it will be on free preview for all DISH subscribers from 1/19 - 1/31.

Our systems were just updated today, but not with the price. Center Ice will be available to order on 1/21 in our system, but it will be on free preview for all DISH subscribers from 1/19 - 1/31.

Thanks for info

Thanks jason, keep us updated.

The Official Price for Center Ice from the NHL & InDemand is $49.99 for the season for Dish.
For DirecTV users, it will be $59.96, broken down into four payments of $14.99.

[strike]There are unconfirmed reports in Canada that Bell and Shaw Direct are offering this season of CI for Free, if they pay up front in full for CI for the 2013-2014 season.[/strike]

Reports Bell / Shaw providing season for free are not true.

Last edited:
Dish is showing $50 for CI for a couple weeks.

ETA: Looks like there was an echo in here. Also it is $49.99, the preview is about two weeks. I'll need to think that deal over.

Last edited:
Now that the AMC/Cablevision thing is settled....and seeing as we're getting IFC, SUND, WE and others in HD soon....I would love to see MSG come back to round out the deal and make us NY/BUF fans happy. In HD, please.

As I mentioned before it's $49.99 for the 48 game season. And Free Preview from Jan 19 until Jan 31.
I'm not sure if this includes GameCenterLive.

My take on this is that the NHL is probably not taking their usual cut on this, if anything at all.

Since when has DISH increased their HD RSN slots? a West ast f, you would think this.
But then you're one of those Eastern Time people that get all their games in HD....

Not at all. Dish doesn't have MSGHD or any of those NY RSN's in HD. So as a flyers fan, I get basically no games in HD. It is the main reason I am seriously considering GameCenter instead of CI. CI on Dish is actually the worst of all the providers.

Since when has DISH increased their HD RSN slots? a West ast f, you would think this.
But then you're one of those Eastern Time people that get all their games in HD....

Actually they did increase the amount of HD RSN slots last summer. That isn't a technical term but I don't know what to call it. Check out the HD RSN threads on this forum from that time. Even the west coast people in those threads are saying almost everything is HD now.

If you are an out of market fan of the Flyers, NY teams, or Canadian teams you would be better off with the NHL GameCenter streaming service than Center Ice through Dish. With GameCenter you will be able to watch your Flyers home CSN Philly broadcast in HD for every game. With CI you will only get HD if the team the Flyers is playing has a HD RSN on Dish and you won't be able to watch the Philly broadcast.

The New York and Philadelphia RSNs are a different issue. The problem isn't HD for them it's that they aren't even carried by Dish. What I am saying is that they have increased the amount of HD RSN games they can show at once so that basically every game on the RSNs Dish does carry will be HD.

CI on Dish will get you all the games but if both teams are broadcast by channels Dish doesn't carry you won't get it in HD. GameCenter will give you home and away broadcasts of all the games in HD no matter what channel they are on. The only exceptions to this are for blackouts in home markets or exclusive windows like the NBC regional games.

Last edited:

I am leaning that way, but I think it may be a bit laggy on my PS3 for some reason. I am going to buy Gamecenter and if it sucks, I will just cancel and go CI.

I am leaning that way, but I think it may be a bit laggy on my PS3 for some reason. I am going to buy Gamecenter and if it sucks, I will just cancel and go CI.

Well I've never used Game Center myself so I can't vouch for that. If you have a decent Internet connection and GC is anything like MLB.tv I doubt you will have a problem. We use it on the PS3, Apple TV, and Roku streaming devices we have it our house and it works fine on all of them. The PS3 is a great streaming device. We often stream 2 games at the same time in different rooms at the highest quality without any problem with our charter internet. I would think most cable or DSL connections should have no problem with GameCenter.