NHL Network free with Center Ice subscription?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
On a Hurricanes message board, somebody was suggesting that this was the case and I question that. Is this true?

I'm thinking that even if you get Center Ice that you don't get NHL Network unless you have the Choice Xtra tier.

Per directv.com:

Whether you’re rooting for local heroes or faraway champs, the only way to follow your favorite NHL teams throughout the season is with NHL® CENTER ICE®.

• Up to 40 exciting games a week and select playoff games
  • Up to 20 games a week in HD*
  • Dual feeds: Choose from either the home or away broadcasts
  • The NHL Network at no extra cost: 24-hour NHL coverage, including live games, highlight shows, hockey news, exclusive programs and more.
    Available in both SD and HD

Yes, you would get NHL Net if it is not part of your basic package.

Also, NBA does the same thing with NBA TV.

And believe it or not, NFL Network too, with Sunday Ticket (although almost anyone with Sunday Ticket gets NFL Net in their package, I think the only one without it is Family).

just a heads up, the Flyers are playing the Hurricanes Saturday for one of the Final Flyers games ever played at the Spectrum. The Flyers will have 11 of their Team Captains of the past there to celebrate the building. Lindros wanted to be there, but had prior plans.

Per directv.com:

Whether you’re rooting for local heroes or faraway champs, the only way to follow your favorite NHL teams throughout the season is with NHL® CENTER ICE®.
  • Up to 40 exciting games a week and select playoff games
  • Up to 20 games a week in HD*
  • Dual feeds: Choose from either the home or away broadcasts
  • The NHL Network at no extra cost: 24-hour NHL coverage, including live games, highlight shows, hockey news, exclusive programs and more.
  • Just one thing to add, you only get NHLN when NHL CI is on. After the season, they turn it off. Then when you start to making payments for NHL CI the next year, they turn it back on.

I'm not currently getting a tier that would otherwise give me NHL Network, but I'm getting it since I bought Center Ice. I guess it's close enough to the beginning of the season.

I'm not currently getting a tier that would otherwise give me NHL Network, but I'm getting it since I bought Center Ice. I guess it's close enough to the beginning of the season.
Yes, you will get it because they have probably already started the 4 monthly payments for NHL CI. You don't have to wait until the season starts.

just a heads up, the Flyers are playing the Hurricanes Saturday for one of the Final Flyers games ever played at the Spectrum. The Flyers will have 11 of their Team Captains of the past there to celebrate the building. Lindros wanted to be there, but had prior plans.
he bumped his head and now cant remember where the spectrum is

Yes, you would get NHL Net if it is not part of your basic package.

Also, NBA does the same thing with NBA TV.

And believe it or not, NFL Network too, with Sunday Ticket (although almost anyone with Sunday Ticket gets NFL Net in their package, I think the only one without it is Family).

I have Sunday Ticket w/ the Family package and I am not getting NFLN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.