Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Cablevision Adds Five HD Channels

New York Area Op Now Offers 65 Free HD Services

By R. Thomas Umstead -- Multichannel News, 10/14/2008 10:18:00 AM

Cablevision Systems Corp. will add to its high-definition lineup with the launch of five new free HD channels, including three from MTV Networks.
The new MTV Network channels -- MTV HD, VH1 HD and CMT HD – as well as Fuse HD and NHL Network HD, will launch over a three day period from Oct. 14-16. With the additions, Cablevision will now offer a total to 65 free HD channels to more than 1.25 million Cablevision customers that have at least one high-definition television and HD-enabled set-top box., according to the cable operator.
"As winter draws closer and customers prepare for the colder, indoor months, Cablevision is pleased to add more free HD channels to our iO TV lineup," said John Trierweiler, Cablevision’s senior vice president of product management, in a statement. "With its superior picture and sound, coupled with the increasing availability of quality programming services, high definition television continues to revolutionize the home entertainment experience offering customers tremendous value within their entertainment budget."

Would be sweet, but I imagine like all others, it's only "free" if you have the sports pack subscription. Just like I don't subscribe normally to Cinemax, so I don't get that channel in HD.

Well everyone will get NHL Network until tomorrow. It is part of the free preview of NHL Center Ice that ends on the 15th. After that it's SportsPak or NHL Center Ice to get it.

As far as free HD goes, haven't we been over this before? You don't pay extra to get HD channels. Buy an HDTV and swap your SD box for an HD one and you get all the HD channels in your package without paying anything extra. Their competitors either charge more for a HD box (FIOS) or have a fee for HD service (Uverse, D*).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts