RG-6 QUAD CABLE CONNECTOR INSTALLATION

tjohnson13

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
virginia
Hi guys, I am new here. Getting ready to install cable in my home for cox cable. I just purchase some quad cable and supplies. Can anyone tell me the proper method for the connector installation. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I am new here. Getting ready to install cable in my home for cox cable. I just purchase some quad cable and supplies. Can anyone tell me the proper method for the connector installation. Thanks in advance.

Buy a coax stripper and a crimper.... the stripper does all the work for you... with quad shield you sometimes have to peel back the second layer of foil, as well as the braiding (the silver strands)....just pull it away from the stinger, and down.... you can push the fitting over it.... don't worry about removing it.

Make sure you get all the dielectric(the white stuff) off of the stinger(the metal core) ... this SHOULD be removed, however if there is a "hanger" of it left, you can just fold it down like you did the braiding and foil, as long as you're careful when putting the fitting on to not let it creep back up.

Push fitting on until the dielectric is flush with the inside, bottom edge of the fitting (if you look into the front of the fitting, the bottom should be flat when the cable is inserted.

Crimp connector with crimper.... repeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts