NHL Network SD

mikey67

Oct 24, 2007
Can anyone tell me if Dish has any plans to have NHL Network in SD. If not I am switching over to Direct. Can't believe they would shut out over half of the customers who don't have HD. And they keep adding other programming in SD........Also a little pi$$ed over being blacked out of games on NHL Center Ice that are brodcast on NHL Network only.....:mad:

I'm with you on this. I'm extremely upset with the situation. Missing games after paying for Center Ice is really disappointing. Before NHL Network came along, we also got the World Juniors games on the Center Ice channels.

I know people who have cable that get NHLN in SD and know people who have DirecTV who get NHLN in SD. This is total crap. Please register your complaint with Dish. I have and, so far, it's not made any difference.

When my commitment period expires in March, I'm probably dumping Dish. The NHL Network debacle on top of the Extra Innings debacle is a little much. And, there for a while, it looked like we wouldn't have a chance to get Center Ice.

I received this reply from someone at Echostar back on 12/6/07. It goes as follows:

"Hello,

Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our attention.

I understand your and apologize at this point we will not be caring the NHL Network for the 2007-2008 season in standard definition. We are looking into launching it for the 2008-2009 season."

That's what they told me. I plan on going HD by the next hockey season anyway. However, if you are not, hopefully they will add it in SD.

I'm not sure the satellite that any of the U.S. providers uses to get NHL Network is making a SD feed available. I believe the other providers (Directv, cable companies, etc.) are compressing it into SD so they can show it in SD. I know Dish only gets a HD feed. I believe TSN in Canada is uplinking the U.S. feed so we can get it down here in the states (finally!!!!!). However, I don't know if they are uplinking it in both HD and SD. I don't know enough about that stuff.

I'm not sure the satellite that any of the U.S. providers uses to get NHL Network is making a SD feed available.

Too bad, since the majority of programming on the NHL Network is only in SD anyway. The recent World Junior championship games were in SD except for the first few minutes of the Canada/Finland game. And throughout all the broadcasts, the TSN commentators kept telling us that the games were available in HD, while we were treated to SD versions on the NHL Network...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts