NHL on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clgshaft

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Hey,

well I must say I am pretty disappointed this year.

Why is NHL Network not picking up the HNIC feed?

Why is Directv not carrying any of the VS games on CI? Example, the Flames Hawks game tonight is on VS and Flames PPV, and Directv has either feed showing.

Why is directv still not carrying the HD feeds from Canadian channels?

I must say NHL is pretty much useless on Directv now.

They can't carry Versus feeds on CI, only if they sign Versus. Versus has exclusivity to those games.

I wouldn't go as far as worthless, but will say it could be much better.

yes, it could be much better. Why wont directv pickup the Flames ppv game, they did this in the past when they had no other options.

why is NHL Network not showing the HNIC feed every Saturday this year? they had the games the first Saturday, but not this past Saturday.

thanks

yes, it could be much better. Why wont directv pickup the Flames ppv game, they did this in the past when they had no other options.

why is NHL Network not showing the HNIC feed every Saturday this year? they had the games the first Saturday, but not this past Saturday.

thanks

You are in correct on HNIC for Saturday October 10th. The Penguins-Leafs game was on. To me the bigger issue is the MSG/Cablevision VS NHL. THe lost of HD Feeds for Four Teams is getting old. Saturday I had to watch Devils/Panthers game on Fox FL. The Panthers Announcers are horrible.

I can see why you are not happy because of no love for the Flames. To me I am not a big Leafs, Montreal, Flames or Canucks fans. I see enough of the flames and Canucks here in Minnesota.

In the end each person has there wants when it comes to what games they want.

The Toronto game is on D* tonight in HD using the Rogers Sportsnet feed - great news :D

As a Leafs fan, this was bad enough in SD for me! :)

But the fact that Direct showed the Sportsnet HD feed must mean that its not a transmission rights issue, as many of us have assumed.

I need to email Dish on why they didn't give us the HD feed.

I can't tell you how pissed I am that I'm going to miss my SECOND Red Wings game this season because of this god damn dispute.

I agree, this dispute has to end.

why does directv not offer nhl gamecenter with a nhlci package like Bell TV and Shaw Direct are? if would be similar to them offering NFLST on the net and phone.

I would really like to see all the NHL games in HD, which most are broadcast in now, especially Canadian teams, and this VS dispute end, or atleast find an alternative to show the game.

I can tell you that DirecTV gives the NBA online viewing from nba.com as part of League Pass, if the NHL has that option available to the providers (like they do in Canada), then DirecTV should make it happen.

watching the Sportsnet West feed of the Flames game right now as it is the only feed and it is SD only. Looks like I'm watching it through a bowl of Jell-o. Horrible. I have a feeling the only reason he Leafs game was HD last night was because they were playing the Rangers, and we all know what's up with MSG. The Leafs play at home tonight and there is no HD listing for that game. Pathetic.

I couldn't have said this better myself, as I'm watching the Versus Wings game tonight over a slingbox:

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 109
I feel for you Directv folks on the Versus issue.

I'm watching the Leafs in SD on Bell, much better picture than the CI SD crap from Dish/Direct. I don't understand why they won't show Canadian HD games on CI. This is why I cancelled CI this year, and decided to just watch the Leafs on Bell. (With the way they have started this season, maybe its a good thing I'm only seeing it in SD!)

If it is transmission rights, then how the hell did Direct show the Leafs-Rangers game last night? And why can MLB show Blue Jays games from Sportsnet in HD? It would be nice to just get a straight answer from somebody.

not only did the flames play like crap tonight, but that SD picture on Directv CI was horrible.

Would have been nice to see the Sabres and Wings game on VS, or the least on CI.

Nice picture Jason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)