DirecTV dealer questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewinboulder

Original poster
Oct 9, 2009
Boulder, CO
Can I open an a new account for a customer with an existing/current dish by simply getting a receiver from Best Buy, getting signal, and then calling DirecTV?

I had a rep at DirecTV say it is required to lease a new box and they are required to send out an installer - which sounded bogus, but maybe it's true. Or, the customer has a used receiver from DirecTV - shouldn't they be able use a used receiver for activating a new account?

Another question:
I installed the Dish at a commercial location because the wiring required retrofit etc.
I noticed that the building had lighting rods installed along the roof lines. They are metal posts about 15" tall and all of them are connected by a thick, mesh type wire. I grounded the dish to one of the nearby posts, assuming that it should be pretty well grounded - that should be OK yes?

Are you required to ground the dish and the cable coming off the Dish, or can you do one or the other ever?

THANKS! for any feedback.

He also installed a consumer system in a commercial establishment. Ge definitely is an amatuer and the business is going to get what they paid for.

First, it sounds like you have problems with the installation. Second, you *can* buy a box at best buy and setup a new account, but you won't get any of the special deals. And third, I doubt you can setup a commercial account that way.

I suggest you have the customer call DirecTV and get it all handled through them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts