NHL Playoffs - CI, Versus, and NHLN

Giant25,

The only way to get Versus is with the Top 250 Package, if you have Dish HD service you MUST also have the Top250 to get the VS/Golf HD Channel. Lastly be aware Versus and the Golf Channel share their HD channel,so there are no HD NHL games on Thursday and Friday nights VS/Golf HD.

John

You can get Versus without the Top 250 package. It is part of the HD Only package @ $29.95.

I sure would be GREAT if the NHL went back to ESPN for the games.
I did hear that they may go back to ESPN instead of NBC next season.
We can hope.

Earlier this year the NHL extended it's contract with Versus for several years.

I had not heard that ESPN could replace NBC, but nothing would really change as they have only a few Sunday games during the season and weekend playoff games.

I just found the Minnesota Wild schedule. First round is on the worst SD channel in the area. We have national HD feeds but last time that happend they blacked out the HD for the low power SD channel. I could always try for tickets but they start at 150 each and sold out.
i agree 45 is a complete waste all they have is king of queens, im thanking my lucky stars for starchoice(canadian provider) and tsn hd is showing wild tonight
looks like yet another year of wild playoff hockey that is shown on fsn-n hd wild be blacked out due to local coverage on 45, and we know they wont simulcast 45's games on kstp 5

I would like to thank 45 for giving all wild fans the shaft again this year!

as Jr says "wake the *uck up" its friggin playoff hockey and youre gonna give us crappy sd then blackout hd cause its avail in your local area
It is 2008
ill sit and stare at wall before i watch any playoff hockey in sd unacceptable
oh yes and lets not forget if wild do make versus expect blackout in msp mn due to 45

JohnL and gang,
I knew that Versus had exclusive rights, thus tonights Sharks game and Saturday nights Sharks game will both be on Versus only. But Thursday night's game is on CBC and CSN BA, but NHL CI isn't broadcasting the BA feed. That was one thing. As far as NHL network goes, I understand that the local market area is blacked out, I'm not part of the San Jose market area, I'm part of Los Angeles. That is why I was confused as to the NHLN blackout for me (they were playing the Wild I believe, and the Stars last week on NHLN, and these were blacked out). Someone mentioned NHLN having a larger blackout radius, that must be a huge radius, and on top of that I couldn't get CSN BA if I wanted to (they only give me FSN West). I do have the Top 250 pack (I upgraded to it for the playoffs to get Versus, sad I know) and the HD pack with it. Channel 9468 (Golf/VS HD) comes in great and I'll watch the game on it tonight. Thanks for the info.

disappointed

I for one am disappointed that the sharks/flames game is blacked out for fox sports/comcast sports network. Versus is the bane of my existence come hockey playoff time. I can only hope that I won't miss too many sharks games because they are broadcast ONLY on Versus.

I was just getting the SJ-Calgary game on 419. I live in PA. I guess it was an oversight. Anyway my remote was being a little glitchy. I did a hard reset and then bam game is blacked out. I guess I should have left a good thing alone.

I just check CSNBA and it is finally on now in San Jose. Some one F'd up big time some where. I feel a little better now.

Go SHARKS.

Pretty sure it was CSN/FSN

Very strange. I've got a very old "5000" class receiver and got it even though it was blacked out on my other newer technology receivers. Called Dish twice and they said the provider controls it and that my old receiver shouldn't be seeing it either. Somehow they figured it out and fixed it at some point in the second period.

All first round games against Calgary will be shown on CSNBA as per the notice I received yesterday from your NEEEEEWWWWWWWW Stanley Cup Champion San Jose Sharks!!!!!!

Your Stanley Cup Champion San Jose Sharks are not off to a good start. They lost game 1 to Calgary 3-2 last night.

GO CAPS!!!!! What sucks is I looked at the VS/Golf HD channel for Friday and the Caps vs Flyers isnt going to be aired in HD. They feel the need to show Masters Highlights for the evening instead of playoff hockey. Stuck with watching it on the regular Versus SD channel. BOOOOO, BOOOOOOOOOOO VS.

At least you get to watch it! Remember the days when there was no HD? Don't you think we're getting a little spoiled these days?

ill sit and stare at wall before i watch any playoff hockey in sd unacceptable
oh yes and lets not forget if wild do make versus expect blackout in msp mn due to 45

I suppose if this were the early 60's you'd have refused to watch it because it was only available in b/w? C'mon! Get a life! At least you get to see it!

GO CAPS!!!!! What sucks is I looked at the VS/Golf HD channel for Friday and the Caps vs Flyers isnt going to be aired in HD. They feel the need to show Masters Highlights for the evening instead of playoff hockey. Stuck with watching it on the regular Versus SD channel. BOOOOO, BOOOOOOOOOOO VS.

During the Pens/Senators game last night on Versus, they had a commercial for the Red Wings/Predators game tonight and at the bottom of the commercial it said "available in HD". Yet the guide says 9468 has the Masters highlights and the game is only on 151 which is SD.

I don't know which is worse -- Versus showing recorded golf highlights in HD rather than the NHL playoffs or Versus falsely advertising this game as HD available.

Versus sucks...and so does the NHL for sticking with them and extending their contract with them. Versus may be the highest bidder, but showing playoff games in HD is counter-productive for the popularity growth of the NHL. Last year the NHL indicated that all games will be reqired to be broadcast in HD starting in 2009. In the meantime, I guess, they'll just let the product go to hell in a handbasket...

At least you get to watch it! Remember the days when there was no HD? Don't you think we're getting a little spoiled these days?

Your right, at least I get to watch it. BUT, having VS. in HD I expect to see the game in HD and not highlights of the Masters in HD. Doesnt make sense, so no, I don't feel spoiled, I feel I, and every other fan watching this game on E*, is getting the shaft.

During the Pens/Senators game last night on Versus, they had a commercial for the Red Wings/Predators game tonight and at the bottom of the commercial it said "available in HD". Yet the guide says 9468 has the Masters highlights and the game is only on 151 which is SD.

I don't know which is worse -- Versus showing recorded golf highlights in HD rather than the NHL playoffs or Versus falsely advertising this game as HD available.

Versus sucks...and so does the NHL for sticking with them and extending their contract with them. Versus may be the highest bidder, but showing playoff games in HD is counter-productive for the popularity growth of the NHL. Last year the NHL indicated that all games will be reqired to be broadcast in HD starting in 2009. In the meantime, I guess, they'll just let the product go to hell in a handbasket...
Your issue on this one is NOT with Versus, rather it IS with Dish Network. Versus is broadcasting the game in HD. The problem is that Dish is sharing the channel with Golf Channel and since it is Golf's time, Versus will not be aired. You need to be complaining to and about Dish on this one.

Geoff

Your issue on this one is NOT with Versus, rather it IS with Dish Network. Versus is broadcasting the game in HD. The problem is that Dish is sharing the channel with Golf Channel and since it is Golf's time, Versus will not be aired. You need to be complaining to and about Dish on this one.

Geoff

Wrong. Golf Channel HD / Versus HD - broadcasting 1080i Two SD channels combined for HD coverage. Vs. offers NHL regular season, playoffs and two Stanley Cup games, Professional Bull Riding, World Extreme Cage Fighting, and IAAF (International Association of Athletic Federations) World Championships, and select NCAA college football games, while Golf Channel HD has early round coverage of most PGA tournaments, select LPGA and Champions Tour events. Available on Comcast, Dish Network, Cablevision, select TWC systems, DirecTV, AT&T U-verse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts