NHL Playoffs - CI, Versus, and NHLN

Ok, did anyone happen to switch over the the VS/Golf HD channel during the Dallas vs Anaheim game? It was on! Not sure if the whole game was aired or if they switched to it after one of the highlight shows. So, if they do the same tonight for the Caps/Flyers game, how in the heck am I supposed to record it? I guess I have to record all the Masters highlight shows until the game is supposed to be over. But I think my 722 doesnt like to do that, so I guess I need to check the settings.

Your right, at least I get to watch it. BUT, having VS. in HD I expect to see the game in HD and not highlights of the Masters in HD. Doesnt make sense, so no, I don't feel spoiled, I feel I, and every other fan watching this game on E*, is getting the shaft.

Well, I definately agree that they should show it in HD instead of Masters highlights. Now if the Masters was live as well as the hockey, they'd probably show the Masters. Unfortunately, hockey is only a regional sport in the U.S. You should hear Andrew Ciciliono (whatever his last name is) bad-mouthing hockey on Fox Sports Radio. They think no one in the U.S. cares about hockey. Couldn't be further from the truth! I hate Fox Sports Radio.

I was lied to. From our local newspaper:

Dish Network subscribers missed the entire first period. Dish accepted blame for the situation, issuing a statement apologizing to Sharks fans and blaming a "technical issue." It appears to involve the setup that governs which parts of the country see each game; a company official confirmed that for at least 10 minutes, the CSN Bay Area feed mistakenly went to every market in the country except the Bay Area.

The bigger problem was that subscribers were getting the runaround from customer service. According to many readers, Dish representatives alternately blamed a rights dispute, a blackout, and the Sharks themselves.
"I would say they were told that because we hadn't identified what the problem was yet," Dish spokesman Parker McConachie said. "If they were calling into our call centers, we made mistakes."

Very strange. I've got a very old "5000" class receiver and got it even though it was blacked out on my other newer technology receivers. Called Dish twice and they said the provider controls it and that my old receiver shouldn't be seeing it either. Somehow they figured it out and fixed it at some point in the second period.