NHL Playoffs in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bwell316

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Mechanic Falls, ME
I found the thread for this in E* thread, but I am a D* customer. The NHL Playoffs start on Wednesday night and I don't see any of the VS games on 95 like I usually see them. Does anyone have any news on this? If I din't get to see the Isles on HD I will be livid, they might not make the playoffs again for ten years....

I found the thread for this in E* thread, but I am a D* customer. The NHL Playoffs start on Wednesday night and I don't see any of the VS games on 95 like I usually see them. Does anyone have any news on this? If I din't get to see the Isles on HD I will be livid, they might not make the playoffs again for ten years....

FYI, the first game on Thursday is not on VS anyways. Look for games 2-6, to be on VS HD. Game 7 could be, depending on other series. Hopefully all providers will show the HD feeds when available.

Here is the national schedule as it stands right now (scroll down for playoffs)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Schedule

FYI, the first game on Thursday is not on VS anyways. Look for games 2-6, to be on VS HD. Game 7 could be, depending on other series. Hopefully all providers will show the HD feeds when available.

Here is the national schedule as it stands right now (scroll down for playoffs)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Schedule

I just hope D* doesn't screw around with this and that all of the games versus has on hd will be on 95. It would be so much easier if they just had, gee, I don't know, VS HD? Another neat idea, especially if they are the "leader in HD sports programming" why not get TSNHD in the states? I mean, would that be that difficult?

Directv cannot get TSN HD in the U.S. Versus and NBC hold the rights to the NHL here. They can use the feeds from TSN and CBC for the CI package only. Those games are not on VS. It would be nice if they use the canadian HD feeds for CI next year after the new birds go up.

I'm a big isles fan living in Delaware and I have the center ice package. But my Mets game blocked out today and I was really giving it to the MLB all afternoon.
They are all bunch of retarded morons.
Go isles, we will handle buffalo don't you think?

Why is there still no Vs. HD on DirecTV?

No VS in HD is an easy one.
VS is owned by Comcast and Comcast was not even going to allow them to have SD feed without the NHL's input.

Isn't there a few VS games in HD on 95 ?, but it's only a few that I have seen, if they were indeed from VS.

Jimbo

there have been some vs games on 95. i checked the guide last night and didn't notice any playoff games added. hopefully, that will change.

Every game on Vs. is gonna be in HD I believe. There's no way they'll show them all on 95. And they won't add another 90s channel for hockey. Thankfully NBC-HD has those weekend games.

I can't wait to see DTV's e-mail response about the NHL Playoffs. I amwaiting with baited breath, especially after scrolling forward on the program guide and seeing "Babel" on channel 95 at 10:30 PM tomorrow night but no mention of the NHL Playoffs. I know the sabres are the #1 seed, but #1 seeds get knocked out in the NHL all the time. The Isles just seem like they are meant for something this year...

Speaking of blackouts, can someone explain to me why when the Red Sox are on ESPN in HD I am forced to watch the NESN SD channel, which was particularly awesome on Opening day when NESN's sd camera was covered up by water from the waterfalls in KC. I live 50 miles from where the spotbeam ends (I believe it's Portsmouth, NH) what in god's name is it going to effect?

Sorry I went off topic, I had to vent. I never could figure out the big deal about HD programming until I got an HD TV in February, now I can't figure out what the hold ups are...

J got my response from D*. Thank you for your sugestion . It will be forwarded. Blah, blah, blah. I am not holding my breath.

i just noticed that, at least, one of the bolts playoff games will be in hd and maybe 2, if they get to a game 6!!

The Regional sports networks are apart of my package and the Penguns game is on Fox Sprts Pittsburgh tonight, so does that mean I will be able to watch the game. I did not subscribe to NHL Center Ice, but that is just for the regular season anyway, right?

actually, center ice covers the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. if fsn pittsburgh isn't your designated rsn, you won't see the game. sorry!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.