NHL Playoffs in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
this is such crap. they are showing phillies in hd who is my team but why can't they show the phillies on 94 and the nhl game on 95 instead of just showing the 10pm game. once again we get screwed.

Just talked to DirecTV. Are all the reps as STUPID as the one I just talked to???

I just learned the DirecTV does not offer Versus in HD, the game is on 608, and Channel 95 has baseball.

All things I needed support to learn.

(ok, I'm done venting).

Just talked to DirecTV. Are all the reps as STUPID as the one I just talked to???

I just learned the DirecTV does not offer Versus in HD, the game is on 608, and Channel 95 has baseball.

(ok, I'm done venting).

Email DirecTV via their support form and tell them you want the Versus HD *playoff* games carried on channel 95 instead of meaningless baseball game 10 of 160+. On AVS we've been emailing them all day and late this afternoon they added the 10pm game. Still showing baseball instead of the 7pm game.

Email DirecTV every day they don't show the Versus HD games on 95. That's what we're doing, please join in. If we bomb them everyday maybe by next week they'll change things.

(ok, I'm done venting).

They are correct, D* does not have VS in HD.
The only way D* has ANY VS at all is because COMCAST has OK'd it,
Comcast Ownes VS and did not want to give D* any of VS, now that the playoffs are here, Comcast is probably being even more stubborn.

Thanks alot Mr. Bettman,
ESPN and ESPN2 looks really good in HD about now, being able to show more than one game would have also been a good consideration.

You guy's should also be emailing the NHL and Gary Bettman to thank him.:mad:

Jimbo

you guys know there was a vs hd game at 10 pm last nite? and what a great game!! four overtimes and it ended about 5 hours after it started. red wings game on at 7 tonite....channel 95!!!

They are correct, D* does not have VS in HD.
The only way D* has ANY VS at all is because COMCAST has OK'd it,
Comcast Ownes VS and did not want to give D* any of VS, now that the playoffs are here, Comcast is probably being even more stubborn.

Thanks alot Mr. Bettman,
ESPN and ESPN2 looks really good in HD about now, being able to show more than one game would have also been a good consideration.

You guy's should also be emailing the NHL and Gary Bettman to thank him.:mad:

Jimbo

Ummm, most Versus games in HD have been carried on channel 95 all season. Right now there is baseball competing for space so we'll see how that shakes out. They did not have the early game on last night but instead had Baseball but they did pick up the late game. And now the Flames/Wings is scheduled for channel 95 at 7 tonight. It was all baseball yesterday. So I think they heard us complain and have responded.

I don't understand this Comcast-owns-VS-HD-and-won't let-anyone-broadcast-it thing. The original press releases explicitly stated that DirecTV will carry Versus/Golf HD. So, what the eff?

I don't understand this Comcast-owns-VS-HD-and-won't let-anyone-broadcast-it thing. The original press releases explicitly stated that DirecTV will carry Versus/Golf HD. So, what the eff?

What do you mean won't let rebroadcast the game E* has them all in HD on Versus HD.

Doesn't matter who owns Versus, Comcast or otherwise. The channel is on both E* and D* as well as their HD feeds. D* puts the HD feed on channel 95 which causes an issue this time of year as it competes with baseball for bandwidth.

The thing with Comcast is that they own Comcast Philly and they don't allow their signal on D* or E* because of a loophole in the law that says if a channel doesn't use satellite in it's distribution at all then they can withhold the channel from DBS services. Which is what they do.
But this has nothing to do with Versus.

Doesn't matter who owns Versus, Comcast or otherwise. The channel is on both E* and D* as well as their HD feeds. D* puts the HD feed on channel 95 which causes an issue this time of year as it competes with baseball for bandwidth.

The thing with Comcast is that they own Comcast Philly and they don't allow their signal on D* or E* because of a loophole in the law that says if a channel doesn't use satellite in it's distribution at all then they can withhold the channel from DBS services. Which is what they do.
But this has nothing to do with Versus.

I must have had a lapse of memory, I thought when it originally came on to D*, it was a situation of D* only getting the feed and games that Comcast wanted as they own the rights to the channel... appearantly they have a working agreement now, it's a shame theres only 1 channel with at least 2 games a night and several at the same time.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts