NHL Season 2013-14

Saturday night: Kings vs. Ducks (from Dodger Stadium)- 10:00pm ET on NBCSN (outdoor hockey in Southern California??!! How in the hell are they pulling that off?? :eek:

Sunday: Devils vs. Rangers- 12:30pm ET on NBC (from Yankee Stadium)

Saturday night: Kings vs. Ducks (from Dodger Stadium)- 10:00pm ET on NBCSN (outdoor hockey in Southern California??!! How in the hell are they pulling that off?? :eek:

Sunday: Devils vs. Rangers- 12:30pm ET on NBC (from Yankee Stadium)

While they will be able to pull off the one in NY as it's been cold for quite awhile now ... however,

LA tomorrow night low is 54*, this is OUTDOORS ?

This may be very interesting to see.

While they will be able to pull off the one in NY as it's been cold for quite awhile now ... however,

Folks folks folks.... Don't ya know anything about making hockey ice? (Can't insert smilly)

Glycol coolant in pumped under the rink from those huge trucks that keep the ice at around 25 degrees. I'd suspect they shield the ice with some heat resistant tarp during the day to keep the sun from melting the ice surface.,

Dud to the location, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 weeks to prepare

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Folks folks folks.... Don't ya know anything about making hockey ice? (Can't insert smilly)

Glycol coolant in pumped under the rink from those huge trucks that keep the ice at around 25 degrees. I'd suspect they shield the ice with some heat resistant tarp during the day to keep the sun from melting the ice surface.,

Dud to the location, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 weeks to prepare

Still, 25* ice, 52* air temp, I predict the surface will be poor by the third period.

I hope not, but we'll see.

It was warm and raining in the game in Pittsburgh.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Still, 25* ice, 52* air temp, I predict the surface will be poor by the third period.

I hope not, but we'll see.

52 is nothing for temp. Most arenas are warmer than that indoors. Also remember that the NHL had its first outdoor game in 2001 when the Rangers took on the Kings in Las Vegas. The temp at the start of that game was 85 with a high of 95. The ice held up for that game so there shouldn't be any issues with an outdoor game in Southern Cali.

I watched the outdoor game in LA, the announcers were terrible. It was pretty cool to watch a hockey game and there is green grass next to the ring plus a beach volleyball court.

Kiss did look and sound terrible, they need to retire.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I woke up to watch the outdoor game today in the middle of the second period. Where's the green grass,the beach volleyball,where are the shorts? Where's KISS? Oh wait,that was last night.

Canes score 3 in the 3rd to come back from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Blue Jackets.2 by Eric Staal and 1 by brother Jordan all within a 2:43 second span.
Won last 10 of 14..On a roll.

The Picture Quality of the Sharks-Oilers game is outstanding, at least on Dish CI.

Reminds me of HD from years ago.

I have a bad feeling that THIS Wings team is Not going to make the playoffs ....
That would break a very long string of consecutive years in the playoffs, I don't know what the number is, but would take a guess and say from around 1992 till current ...

I have a bad feeling that THIS Wings team is Not going to make the playoffs ....
That would break a very long string of consecutive years in the playoffs, I don't know what the number is, but would take a guess and say from around 1992 till current ...

Big win for the Wings against the Caps Friday night...almost blew it and somehow managed to win a shoot-out thanks for Os. We need to again beat the Caps tomorrow afternoon in Washington.

An OT loss point is the stupidest thing Buttman has done with the exception of moving Winnipeg and Quebec fanchises.
All it does it make mediocre teams look better in the standings. Every year at the start of the playoffs, there are a few teams with better win records lose a playoff spot by teams with more OT loses. Makes no sense and isnt exactly fair IMO

Example: Team A 42-40-0 = 82 points.
Team B 40-30-12 = 92 points (and this team has more loses than wins but has 10 more points than a winning record 42-40).

Cheers, K

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts