Nice Article on Luken Communications

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there any ku stuff on 87W that is not s2. I don't see c-band in my future at all. Still using a coolsat 6000 with a 3abn 36" fixed dish, old hughes(directway) dish and dtv slimline. I'm retired and on a fixed income, so I just don't have the extra dough to spend on C-band or new stb's, motors, etc. I do wish people would stipulate c or ku band in their discussions here. I sometimes get really confused when following a thread only to find out later they are talking about c-band. I do really appreciate all the good info. and tips that I have read on here the last few years. There are some really knowledgeable folks here.

I wonder what the article meant by "a Canadian..." show like Cold Case Files. At first glance, I assumed it was referring to Da Vinci's Inquest and Code Case (which was on CBS), but must be real stories instead.

Luken/RTV only has two Ku feeds that I know of, that is RTV E&W on 83w. If you look around I bet you can find a C-Band dish sitting in someone's yard unused that they would give to you to get out of their way. You could get an inexpensive C-Band LNBF and a VBox/GBox to move it and be in business.

I wonder what the article meant by "a Canadian..." show like Cold Case Files. At first glance, I assumed it was referring to Da Vinci's Inquest and Code Case (which was on CBS), but must be real stories instead.

it isa separate show. In fact there was litigation over the title and silmilarity in content.

Having talked to the man, I can say he has a plan and I think its going to be VERY exciting for us FTA guys. :D

Stay Tuned!

i still think the real question is can he deliver on those plans? RTV seems to be going downhill pretty fast.

i still think the real question is can he deliver on those plans? RTV seems to be going downhill pretty fast.

I can certainly agree with you, they have lost about 4 affiliates this year in Alabama that I can think of WVTM 13 Birmingham, WKRG 5 Mobile, WHNT 19 Huntsville, and WSFA 12 Montgomery.

I think Mr Luken should put the same channels plus that HD channel on both AMC3 and AMC7.The reason for this is that here on the east coast AMC7 is a very hard catch with a average elevation of only 10 degrees and lots of trees plus hills.On the west coast AMC3 and 7 both have high enough elevation to be received.

The S2 feeds on 137W are mainly for affiliates west of the Mississippi (the "HD" feed the exception). So those affiliates can see it fine

Also I dont get what the big deal is ab out this "HD" feed. I've watched both the "HD" feed (that is in 720p) and the regular RTV feed (that is in 480) and they look very similar. The "HD" feed is in the same aspect (4x3) as the SD feeds with no black bars at all (not even on commercials)

I guess saying something is in HD folks get giddy. Heck right now I'm watching a college football game that is in "HD" yet my Coolsat 5000 can see it just fine....hmmmm

Here is the list of S2 affiliates on 137 and where they are based from....there are 5 or 6 "open" channels that are balck screens and no name

WHDT-West Palm Beach (the "HD" feed)
WVUE-New Orleans
KGPT-Wichita, KS
KOTA-Rapid City, SD (actually has a slate saying channel available)
KFOX-El Paso, TX
KRTN-Albuquerque, NM (black screen...they dropped RTV for MeTV)
KGEC-Redding, CA

So as you can see...other than the HD feed the rest of the cities are west of Mississippi river

KOTA has dropped RTV as well, thus the screen noted.

On a note related to the thread, guess where I am today. ;)

- Trip

Yep. Toured and interviewed at Luken today. We shall see what happens.

I'm not sure that I'm allowed to comment on any of the rumors I asked about that I've seen passed around here.

- Trip

thumbs up. Scott already mentioned that in post 6
Having talked to the man, I can say he has a plan and I think its going to be VERY exciting for us FTA guys

And unlike FreeDBS which I saw as a joke the entire time I give Mr. Lukin about an 85% chance of pulling this one off.

WFMZ channel 69 Allentown added MeTV, but kept RTV as well as one of their sub channels. I thought this was a good move for them to have both services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)