nice job verizon

Yea we heard that on the radio the other day after picking up new bed frame and head board. This happened close to where my wife grew up and her mother and aunt were born.

Most follow-up reports on this story suggest that the local paper's accuracy is questionable... Be realistic people, it sure sounds like the sheriff called the normal 800 customer service number. Situations like this, they have to call a "security" related number that's only available to law enforcement.

Most follow-up reports on this story suggest that the local paper's accuracy is questionable... Be realistic people, it sure sounds like the sheriff called the normal 800 customer service number. Situations like this, they have to call a "security" related number that's only available to law enforcement.

oh okay that makes it alright then :rolleyes:

One would have to assume in this case that the guy's phone was shut off (service deactivated), right ? If so, there'd be little reason for him to have it turned on, let alone be carrying it.

One would have to assume in this case that the guy's phone was shut off (service deactivated), right ? If so, there'd be little reason for him to have it turned on, let alone be carrying it.

I'm with you on this one. Let's take this one step further; how would the Verizon operator even know they were speaking to a police officer? In theory, any Joe-Blow could try to get temporary service by claiming to be a police officer.

And as a sidenote: I'm rather surprised the guy could even get cellphone service in that part of Carroll county. Has anyone even been out there? LOL...pretty sad when the county seat isn't even large enough to be classified as a city, merely a village (population of 5,000+ is required).

Yeah, that's what I alluded to in my first post. If the officer had called the *right* number -- granted, the rep should have either re-directed them to this number or transferred them -- the appropriate dept would have been able to properly handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts