Nice to see Dish isn't hurting for money

SgtRock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
I've been a customer for over 4 years, paying for the All-everything package plus HD the entire time. I have a VIP622 and a 625. I called today to see if they would upgrade my 625 to a VIP622 or 722 (I fully expected to pay about $99 or less). The girl tells me that they can't do anything, and I would have to buy a receiver and they would be "happy" to activate it for me. I asked why they couldn't do anything for me, and she said the computer chooses what's available for each customer, and she couldn't override it. Even though I have no intention of cancelling, I said I was switching to Directv, and she actually said they would be sorry to lose me as a customer....so much for my bluff....

I guess I'll have to buy a receiver on ebay....

never

I've had the same two receivers the whole time...I asked her about the yearly thing because I read the same thing on here, and she said that wasn't available

You can upgrade your receiver once a year, when was the last time you upgraded a receiver?

Yeah, should be $50 for a 622, $75 for a 722--shipped, if you haven't done a "DishnitUp" in over a year. Go to the Dish website, then your account, then OFFERS.

Ed

This is what I see on the Dish it up screen on their site:

Unfortunately, DISH Network does not have any special upgrade offers available at this time. Please contact your local retailer or call DISH Network at 1-888-884-2741 to purchase new receivers.

This is what I see on the Dish it up screen on their site:

Unfortunately, DISH Network does not have any special upgrade offers available at this time. Please contact your local retailer or call DISH Network at 1-888-884-2741 to purchase new receivers.

STRANGE:confused: I just did it after reading your post. $50 &75 just like I said. Go to the site. Log in. When your account comes up look to the left for OFFERS. Click. Go to the bottom of the page to Dish'n it Up.

Ed

STRANGE:confused: I just did it after reading your post. $50 &75 just like I said. Go to the site. Log in. When your account comes up look to the left for OFFERS. Click. Go to the bottom of the page to Dish'n it Up.

Ed

That's what I did....and this is what I got again:

That's what I did....and this is what I got again:

Wow. Can't understand that?:confused: They nust not like you or something..........:rolleyes: Just fer kicks I'm gonna do it again.

Ed

well it all depends if u r a good customer (i.e. pay bill on time etc.) there is a piece to this puzzle the op isn't sharing

well it all depends if u r a good customer (i.e. pay bill on time etc.) there is a piece to this puzzle the op isn't sharing

I pay the bill with auto-pay...that's what I thought as well, but I never have a negative balance...

I know somebody else that had the same problem about 4 months ago and they would not help. he called multiple times and nothing he is now a D* customer.

Well...it pays to call multiple times...I just called, got a different CSR who didn't understand why it said that. She overrode the system (she also called the first girl I talked to an idiot for not helping me). I now have a new receiver coming in 7 days....

thanks for the advice!!!

great . . . thanks for playing CSR Roulette tonight . . . Charlie, show him what he has won . . . well CJ, Sgt Rock will be getting a new receiver in 7 days . . .

:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)