Nick in HD

Pen15head

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
baltimore
i have read a lot of complaints about Nick not being avail to Turbo subs. this is kind of alarming, i mean, how many grown adults watch Nick? and dont say its because you have kids in the house. if you needed to have nick that bad, you already had it in the classic package. any grown adult who wants NICK is disturbing.

Adults want to save money by subscribing to an HD-only package. Children want to watch Nick. What's so difficult to understand about that?

i have read a lot of complaints about Nick not being avail to Turbo subs. this is kind of alarming, i mean, how many grown adults watch Nick? and dont say its because you have kids in the house. if you needed to have nick that bad, you already had it in the classic package. any grown adult who wants NICK is disturbing.
For a guy who just joined this forum today, you seem to be absorbing and reflecting a lot of the negative. Not really any openings for any more. Friendly advice, keep it in check. You'll enjoy it here more.

I was introduced to Drake & Josh by my son, and it's not a bad show. Twenty years ago it could have been a primetime sitcom on network TV.

Nothing like an episode of ICarly... OK... as a turbo sub, I don't miss Nick, but yes my kids do. But I tell myself, do they really need a TV channel that bad? Then again, I was jumping for joy with Comedy Central in my package for the sole purpose of South Park lol.

Just because you may not like the shows on Nick doesnt mean all adults have to not like them.No one is asking you to watch,just turn the channel.I personally like Home Improvement and Family Matters(Stupid,maybe,Fun to watch ,yes)Dont be so negative about what others like,you have a remote use it..

Ahh yes, classic Satelliteguys behavior. Whatever I like is the most important thing in the world, and everyone else are idiots.

1) Why do you care?
2) Even if you do care, do you really it worth starting a thread over?
3) Even if you consider it worth starting a thread over, is it really "alarming" and "disturbing"? Really? I mean, with all that's going on in the world, that's what disturbs you?
4) Do you really not understand that people may have switched to Turbo, and then had their kids complain because they couldn't watch Nick? Have you really never had to hear a 9 year old whine?
5) Do you really not understand that 40% of Nicks's schedule is aimed at adults? I never watch Nick At Night anymore, but it was a staple in my house back when they used to show all those great 60s and 70s sitcoms.
6) Do you really expect any adult to be shamed or insulted by you, when you aren't even capable of capitalizing or punctuating a sentence correctly?

Tell you what. I'm a grown man who owns his own business and home, and I enjoy an episode of Spongebob every once in a while. I live at 55 Spitz Spring Rd in Parks, AZ. (I don't care about spambots, they don't deliver mail to my house.) Why don't you drop by my house some time and explain to me how "disturbing" and "alarming" my behavior is. You're welcome anytime, kid. After you're done, we'll have a little vocabulary lesson and I'll try to show you what "disturbing" actually means. Maybe check out some things that might "alarm" people a bit more than watching a cartoon now and then. We can go out in the backyard...backs right up to the Kaibab forest...you can walk for miles and not see a soul. So peaceful. C'mon over kid!

M Sparks, I was having a rough day, but you just made it a little funnier. Thanks for that post.

As for Pen15head, maybe you should take a look at Nick sometime. It's not only entertaining, every once in a while you can actually see the great Jimmy Neutron (best animated series of time). But that's another thread.

I have 2 teeanagers with HD tvs in there rooms and they want Nick. I want a cheaper price and Nick in the Turbo HD package. And nothing was as funny as all that and Keenan and Kell. I predicted years ago Keenan would be on Saturday Night Live after seeing the skit of him speaking french in the bathtub.

i, i mean, how many grown adults watch Nick? and dont say its because you have kids in the house. if you needed to have nick that bad, you already had it in the classic package. any grown adult who wants NICK is disturbing.
Yeah! We should start a petition and make Dish Network give us money back and have them take Nick off the air - what a waste of space. And while they are at it they can take off that lame Disney Channel and Disney XD, Disney East, Nick Toons, and Cartoon Network. :mad: I'm pissed! :D

BTW - you do have the worst screen name and should have your account deleted.

It's sad that the kid spirit inside you is dead.

BTW - you do have the worst screen name and should have your account deleted.
Argh! I didn't even focus on that until you mentioned it. Clearly we have all been feeding the troll. :eek: I am so embarrassed.

As penance, I will now come out. ;) I too enjoy Spongebob, as does my wife and (of course) our 5yo daughter. My favorite episode is "Your Shoe's Untied", which nearly caused my demise, I was laughing so hard. Now, to get ever so slightly back on topic, has anybody seen any Spongebob episode in HD? I haven't.

Argh! I didn't even focus on that until you mentioned it. Clearly we have all been feeding the troll. :eek: I am so embarrassed.

As penance, I will now come out. ;) I too enjoy Spongebob, as does my wife and (of course) our 5yo daughter. My favorite episode is "Your Shoe's Untied", which nearly caused my demise, I was laughing so hard. Now, to get ever so slightly back on topic, has anybody seen any Spongebob episode in HD? I haven't.

I think only iCarly, and Penguins is in HD right now. Fairly Oddparents shows up in TV Listings as HD but not sure about that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)