Nick in HD

Argh! I didn't even focus on that until you mentioned it. Clearly we have all been feeding the troll. :eek: I am so embarrassed.
TRollin', Trollin', Trollin' on the river...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfyEpmQM7bw"]YouTube - Creedence Clearwater Revival: Proud Mary[/ame]

sorry ya'll. didnt mean to irk everyone so bad. i just got this image of the likes of michael jackson throwing a tantrum cause he cant watch nick.

Tell you the truth... I would rather like it if Nick was on the HD only packages. That is the only thing that is keeping me from going to one of them .

I am a Spongebob fan. It's written well with enough jokes for adults interspersed.

Overall, I find Nick's programming superior to Disney's (what I'm stuck with as a Turbo subscriber).

The kids aren't that picky, but I've always found Nick's programming to be a tad more sophisticated compared to Disney (as silly as that sounds!)

I think only iCarly, and Penguins is in HD right now. Fairly Oddparents shows up in TV Listings as HD but not sure about that one.

What annoying me about iCarly is that the last two new episodes are not even in HD. They suppose to be in HD but they are showing the center cropped unconverted versions. Still better than that waste Cartoon Network which has HD cartoons but shows the SD version of all of them stretched even on Friday night.

Compared to NICK SD !

I dont watch alot of NICK anymore but the few times I have since they have added their HD version is much better than the SD version,even though most (if not all ) NICK AT NITE shows were all shot in SD the upconversion makes the shows much sharper,not auctual HD ,I generally use partial Zoom to get rid of side bars.
(A question kind of unrelated to this but does anyone have an HDTV that has
a decent SD picture,looking for a better HDTV ,need some input)

Most of the channels Dish has added in HD dont have alot HD programming ,yet.This is not Dishes fault,in time most new shows will be in HD but it will be a while.Most of what we are seeing now is basic upconvert which looks better than SD.I wish I would have done more research before going To an HD TV(Try finding an SD TV in stores ,very difficult now)I thought once I got my HDTV and subscribed to HD channels everything would be HD,what a Dummy I was.(Heres a book idea"HDTV for Dummies")Live and learn I guess.

A question kind of unrelated to this but does anyone have an HDTV that has a decent SD picture...
I have been very favorably impressed with the scaler in my Westinghouse c. 2007 42" LCD HDTV. I also bought a 32" Sylvania at about the same time, but took it back because the upconversion was so crappy.

If you are watching SD on a Dish Network HD tuner, just let it do the scaling for you. Does a credible job in my experience, and would probably even look reasonable on that crappy Sylvania.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)