Nickelodeon HD

jcart

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Does anybody know if there are plans in the works to add Nick HD to the lineup? My daughter's favorite show is the Backyardigans which is on this channel.

From my understanding, we don't have NickHD yet because of some beef between E* and Viacom, which is also why we don't have MTV-HD or Spike-HD. I haven't seen anything from E* or the rumor mill about these channels coming to us anytime in the near future, but I remain hopeful that they will be added by the end of the year (how else are they going to hit their 150+ mark? HDPPVs? haha).

Does anybody know if there are plans in the works to add Nick HD to the lineup? My daughter's favorite show is the Backyardigans which is on this channel.
Same boat, here. I lost my job, so I'm at home with 2 girls. While they don't yet understand the whole HD thing (my 5 year old kinda does), I do and I end up watching with them, so it would be better for me!:D

It seems like Dish has allot of disputes with networks. I would hope it's an attempt to keep our costs down but it's a little irritating.

Yo Gabba Gabba! in HD? Awesome. My 2-year old has me hooked on that show. But the Backyardigans are a close 2nd!

Yo Gabba Gabba... the only thing worth watching on that is to catch the Diabolical Biz Markie! Other than that, it's a black man in a orange wig, instead of a white guy in a purple dinosaur suit...

I had word Nick HD is on its way... from a decent source, but with that said, notice how SHO didn't add any HD content, yet CBS College HD did...?

I'm not sure what is going between Viacom/CBS and Dish?

I had word Nick HD is on its way... from a decent source, but with that said, notice how SHO didn't add any HD content, yet CBS College HD did...?

Viacom and CBS have split..Viacom is going to introduce a new Pay-TV service that will compete with Showtime in the fall

These new Turbo HD packages appear as though they can be purchased as add-ons to your basic "Americas" package or as stand alone. It would be cool if we could drop our America's package and just buy the stand alone HD package with the locals add-on to save some dough. Without Nick HD we can't do that because of the kids. I hope it happens soon!

Yo Gabba Gabba! in HD? Awesome. My 2-year old has me hooked on that show. But the Backyardigans are a close 2nd!
God bless a DVR! My 2 year old likes when DJ Lance walks out then peeks his head above the bottom of the screen. All I hear is, "Again, Daddy! Again!" I wear the skip-back button out! My 5 yr. old is the Spongebob/Hannah Montana/ FullHouse/Naked Brothers Band (although, I have to kinda censor what she watches on that one sometimes) freak.

Viacom and CBS are now two separate publicly traded companies and have been since 2005. As such, they are negotiated separately.

Viacom Networks include: Comedy Central, Logo, BET, Spike, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nickelodeon, Noggin, The N, Nick Jr., TEENick, MTV, VH1, MTV2, CMT, MHD

CBS Networks include: CBS, The CW (co-owned with Time Warner), CBS College Sports Network, Showtime Networks

S~

These new Turbo HD packages appear as though they can be purchased as add-ons to your basic "Americas" package or as stand alone. It would be cool if we could drop our America's package and just buy the stand alone HD package with the locals add-on to save some dough. Without Nick HD we can't do that because of the kids. I hope it happens soon!

I dropped my America's Top 200 package + HD + locals for an HD only + locals package just 1 - 2 weeks ago, and it cut my bill almost in half. So yes, as soon as they add NickHD and whatever else you might miss from the SD lineup (for me, BBC America, although I hear that it's on the "coming soon" list) I would highly recommmend making the switch.

The only other channel I insist on having is Fox Sports Northwest HD. I can't miss my Husky Football/basketball, even though they suck lately. Does anybody know if these regional sports channels will be available as part of the Turbo HD stand alone packages with locals add-on. I'm assuming that we would get it since we currently get it. It's a little different because it appears in the "International or A La Carte or Add-ons:" section of our programming.

The only other channel I insist on having is Fox Sports Northwest HD. I can't miss my Husky Football/basketball, even though they suck lately. Does anybody know if these regional sports channels will be available as part of the Turbo HD stand alone packages with locals add-on. I'm assuming that we would get it since we currently get it. It's a little different because it appears in the "International or A La Carte or Add-ons:" section of our programming.

Can't say for sure on that one. I no longer get the Big Ten network nor Comcast Sportsnet Chicago. I never really watched those channels anyway but now I may have to give them a call to see what's up.

live chat

I did a live chat on 7/25 and this is what she said

DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:
AMC (American Movie Classics) HD
BET HD
CMT (Country Music Channel) HD
HBO2 HD
IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
VH-1 HD

i asked for specific dates and she didnt or couldnt say
note that this was before 8/1

Viacom and CBS have split..Viacom is going to introduce a new Pay-TV service that will compete with Showtime in the fall

Another Premium Network!??

Will the market sustain another premium, or simply dilute SHO to the point, it won't have any legs?

After all, SHO pissed off MGM and they started their own Premium Network. Now, SHO has no major studios for content (to contract with)... what next?!! :confused:

(CBS/AP) Viacom Inc. and CBS Corp. rang in 2006 as two separate companies, completing a breakup of a major media conglomerate in hopes of winning back friends on Wall Street.

The breakup was officially completed over the weekend, and shares of the two companies began trading separately for the first time Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.

CBS Corp., which is being led by former CBS chief Leslie Moonves, will include the television network, a group of affiliated stations, and a major radio broadcasting group that was recently renamed CBS Radio from Infinity Broadcasting.

"I'm very confident that our unparalleled collection of businesses will continue to grow in their present form, as well as the many new platforms that are making a splash in the new media landscape," Moonves said in a statement posted on the Latest CBS Corp news web site.​

God bless a DVR! My 2 year old likes when DJ Lance walks out then peeks his head above the bottom of the screen. All I hear is, "Again, Daddy! Again!" I wear the skip-back button out! My 5 yr. old is the Spongebob/Hannah Montana/ FullHouse/Naked Brothers Band (although, I have to kinda censor what she watches on that one sometimes) freak.

My 2-year old is the same way. We have almost every Season 1 Gabba-Gabba episode on the DVR because she just wants to watch them over and over again. The good news is that I just read they finished filming Season 2 so my wife and I will get to see new episodes.

Nick was the only channel stopping me from going to the all HD packages as well. I have 4 kids, and there would have been a riot in my house if I had removed Nick, as it is their favorite channel.

Come on Dish, give us Nick HD. Honestly I don't even care if there is any HD on it, just include it in the HD packages :)

Nick was the only channel stopping me from going to the all HD packages as well. I have 4 kids, and there would have been a riot in my house if I had removed Nick, as it is their favorite channel.

Come on Dish, give us Nick HD. Honestly I don't even care if there is any HD on it, just include it in the HD packages :)
Amen. That's what's keeping me from going all HD, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts