Nightmares with Dish and Hurricane Wilma

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I have a problem with some of the HD channels show a transparent colored bar across the same position on the screen no matter what is displayed. I had the same problem a few months ago and a new 811 fixed it. I scheduled them a week before the storm hit and they were supposed to come on Oct. 27th to replace the LNB and bring a new 811 (the LNB was a Dish movers "special" aka it was already on the roof) but without power and a few thousand new service calls they rescheduled me for Nov. 17th. Yesterday they called and said they will be out today. I was at work when the guy came but my wife was here. He knocks on the door and said he's all done and that he needs to check the receiver for signal strength. My wife didn't even know he was outside. She calls me up and puts the guy on the phone and I ask about a new LNB and he said he put a new one on there. I then ask about the receiver and he says he does not have one and doesn't know what I am talking about and that there is 35,000 more repointing calls and blah, blah, blah. Well if he didn't know about a new 811 how did he know about changing the LNB? I found out when I got home. My 61.5 dish is still hanging upside down from the storm and he installled a NEW Dish 500. So now I have 2 Dish 500's pointing at 110/119. What a moron. By the way when Dish called to reschedule I let them know that the 61.5 fell and they added that to the original work order. I have another tech coming out tomorrow.

Sorry that the person who came out to your home did such a horrible job, the number of jobs he stated is incorrect for one. As for him knowing you needed a new lnbf he would not have known as we are only given name, address, phone number, and account number, it sounds more like he was flying by the seat of his pants. You can most likely expect to see one of us within the next 2 days as we are pulling work forward to keep everyone busy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts