Nimble TV

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Another Internet service is jumping in the game like Aereo TV and Skitter Tv called Nimble TV.
They say you can choose locals from anywhere in the USA. I'm sure they are going to get sued as the others have. They are doing Beta Testing now. It suppose to launch this summer.

Chris

If I read correctly they are going to use a sling type of device connected to a DVR so that you have access from a satellite receiver in another location?

What I meant earlier in this thread was that they were going to have a satellite receiver and a sling on their end but you would only need a computer on your end just like the other services that are trying to offer locals. It makes me wonder what they are going to come out with.

The picture seems to be hesitating / lagging some as if they have a bandwidth issue or something. The channels change almost instantly though. The guy says its a cloud based DVR. Does that mean that you don't have limits on recordings?

He says it's pretty impressive quality? Like Stargazer said, it's hesitating and lagging quite a bit. I don't know if it's the connection or the service.

What I meant earlier in this thread was that they were going to have a satellite receiver and a sling on their end but you would only need a computer on your end just like the other services that are trying to offer locals. It makes me wonder what they are going to come out with.

The picture seems to be hesitating / lagging some as if they have a bandwidth issue or something. The channels change almost instantly though. The guy says its a cloud based DVR. Does that mean that you don't have limits on recordings?

The site says UNLIMITED recording in several places.

I had a typo. I meant to say " I wonder what they will come out with next ". I noticed that later about the unlimited recording. Would be a great benefit to many.

I wanted to let you know Nimble TV is active now but I'm not to impress with it. They are using Dish Network programming it's from the New York City Market. You can test a few free channels but I think the prices are a bit high just my opinion.

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)