NJ resident in need of MSG HD and FSNY HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elansp

Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Bergen County, NJ
All-

I'm fortunate enough that where I live (Bergen County, NJ) I can get decent cable HD service from Cablevision (incl the above channels) but I'd prefer to save the money and stay 100% with DirecTV. I haven't seen any comments regarding the availability of the above two channels in the DirecTV HD bandwidth. Are the lack of having these HD channels more of an issue between Cablevision and DTV?

Thanks in advance.

At last check, MSG/FSNY-HD were only transmitted via cable and not by satellite. Because of this, CV is under no obligation to offer these channels to any DBS provider.

It will be a long long time before you see any of these two channels on DBS. ONLY ON CABLE is their promotion throughout the NY State Area. That should tell you something.

Think of it this way. The Nets are on YES. The Mets ae starting their own network. I would think that you might then have some HD Mets, Nets and Yankees in HD soon. If the Devils or Islanders go to another RSN, that leaves MSG and FSNY with two teams. Knicks and the Rangers. If those are your two favorite teams than you are SOL. Otherwise, you may be able to get the other NY teams in HD soon. That is if D* or E* decides to carry local HD RSN's. ;)

I think we will see FSNY before we see Msg. After all, doesn't Rupert own both Fox and D. MSG on the other hand, is owned by the Dolan's. I think they will do whatever it takes to delay us getting it via any sat system

Nope FoxNY is own 100% by the Dolans. It was passed ownership to then this year when Dolan Gave them 100% ownership to rupert on other Fox stations. Regarding the Nets and the Mets and Yankees... Remember CVC already carries YES HD so if the Nets or Yankees are in HD, you will see them on CVC. Regarding any NY Local Team, they will go aggreasively after their network after the fiasco they got into with YES last time. See how long it took them to get YES HD compare to YES SD. So in the NY Area they will get their sports.

Msghd/fsny Hd

Thanks for the responses all.

Cablevision is killing me here - they did have a nice promo (code name "Triple Play") where you get bundled cable/internet/VOIP for $100/month but other than the internet speed (~ 8.5mbp d/l), their VOIP is far worse than AT&T VOIP and the quality of their cable appears worse for me than that of DirecTV (which is excellent for both SD and HD). I crunched the numbers and was ready to cancel DirecTV when the last level of DirecTV made it more more economical to stay (coupons, discounts, etc). Only upside to Cablevision was their better HD channel offering and Best of the '90s music channel.

As I like to watch all local teams, I'm stuck with both types of svc - thankfully I wired each room with two coax runs.

Sean Mota said:
Nope FoxNY is own 100% by the Dolans. It was passed ownership to then this year when Dolan Gave them 100% ownership to rupert on other Fox stations.

Damn your right, I forgot about that. Anything that the Dolans touch always seems to go asunder, for the NY sports fan. Just hearing their name mentioned makes me cringe!!!!! :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

help with hd setup

Sunday Ticket Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)