no 101, 119 and 110 in 90's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david98

Original poster
May 6, 2005
as in the title, good signal on 110 and 119. not a thing on 101, tried the elevation, azimuth and tilt. los looks good HELP. David

Try starting over. Try for the 101 first, then adjust for the 110 and 119. Ususally if you get the 101 the 110 and 119 are easy to get. What is your zip and what are the elevation, azimuth and tilt you are using?

david98 do you really need the PhaseIII Dish for your motorhome (101,110,119)
The reason for asking is that if you only need basic programming for RVing then a basic 18 inch dish is going to be much easier for you to point,as compared to the Triple. In any case you are going to need lots of dish pointing experience and suggest you follow gordos post #4 and go back to basics.
Find the correct settings for the area - set your tilt first,then set your elevation,get to your dish point screen (signal strength) and sweep slowly for signal ,Once you have found signal on 101 you can then slightly adjust your elevation to further peak your signal.

Unless you just have to have the 110 & 119 sats for whatever reason, I agree 100% with the above comment about using a single LNB dish.

I go camping 4-6 times a year, and take a single LNB dish along to catch DirecTV with. I have seen ( and helped ) on a number of occasions, RVer's having loads of problems trying to get a signal with their Dish 500's & Phase 3 dishes.

A single LNB dish is much easier for RV purposes, especially if you move around a lot.

dgordo said:
Is this a new set up or did you lose signal on 101 after having signal previously?
Have you activated programming with D*?
--------------------From the web-site @ D*
It is important for you to know that your dish must be pointed to the satellite located at 101 degrees West longitude at the time we activate the package, or your system will not be able to receive the signals
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/dns_vehicles.dsp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts