no 110 or 119 birds....ready to go insane!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ketel1and7

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Ok,

Let me begin by saying i've been a D* customer for a few years (married to sunday ticket) and have been installing my own sat. dishes for a while. I finally break down and buy a HDTV and so I'm ready to upgrade everything. I replace my old round dish (dual LNB) with a new oval triple LNB. I buy a new HDTV hughes reciever and I think I ready to go. I punch in my zip and get my azimuth, elevation and tilt (240,32,56) and can only get sat 101. I've tried EVERYTHING and can't get this working.

My cable runs are less that 100 ft.
I've swapped out with a friends triple LNB...

NOTHING!

101 comes in clear varying from mid 80's to 90's in strength...but no signal at all on 110 or 119.

I ran a direct cable (no grounding block or splitter...shorter run) and IT WORKED!!! So cabling problem right? I re crimped all my connections, hooked it all back up...and nothing! So, i try the direct connection again...and can't get it to work! Don't get it! Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Is there something I'm missing?

Please help...i've been sitting on this brand new Grand Wega and no HDTV! :(

I'm reluctant to call in the pros to do something that may be sooo simple!

David

ketel1and7 said:
Ok,

Let me begin by saying i've been a D* customer for a few years (married to sunday ticket) and have been installing my own sat. dishes for a while. I finally break down and buy a HDTV and so I'm ready to upgrade everything. I replace my old round dish (dual LNB) with a new oval triple LNB. I buy a new HDTV hughes reciever and I think I ready to go. I punch in my zip and get my azimuth, elevation and tilt (240,32,56) and can only get sat 101. I've tried EVERYTHING and can't get this working.

My cable runs are less that 100 ft.
I've swapped out with a friends triple LNB...

NOTHING!

101 comes in clear varying from mid 80's to 90's in strength...but no signal at all on 110 or 119.

I ran a direct cable (no grounding block or splitter...shorter run) and IT WORKED!!! So cabling problem right? I re crimped all my connections, hooked it all back up...and nothing! So, i try the direct connection again...and can't get it to work! Don't get it! Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Is there something I'm missing?

Please help...i've been sitting on this brand new Grand Wega and no HDTV! :(

I'm reluctant to call in the pros to do something that may be sooo simple!

David

Do you have a multiswitch anywhere in your old set up? If so it could be your problem. I did a friends install he had a multiswitch in old set up , it was inside a wall so we ran new direct cable run. Bingo we had signal.

I do have a 4x8 multiswitch but even when I run a direct cable...still doesn't work. Just doesn't make sense I tells ya! :confused:

Trees? I have to catch 101 from one point in my yard and 119 from another.

What type of connector do you use? I am thinking you are sure about the alignment ... you did point from 101 on transponder 1 right?

Not sure what you mean by connector. I used screw in F connectors if that's what you mean.

I get full signals on all transponders on 101. Not even a weak signal on 110 or 119. Even when I span the wide sky...i never get a bleep.

ketel1and7 said:
Not sure what you mean by connector. I used screw in F connectors if that's what you mean.

I get full signals on all transponders on 101. Not even a weak signal on 110 or 119. Even when I span the wide sky...i never get a bleep.
Sorry ... crimp or compression connectors, doesn't matter now. If you have the full monte from 101 and noting on the other LOS is very suspect, even if your other dish was there before. I would move to higher ground, it really does sound like you may have an obstruction ....

OK...well...i took your advice and hiked the dish further up my roof and Bingo...Sat C is coming in now. Still no 119 bird....but I assuming the distant tree line is the culprit. Unfortunately...i don't think I can do anything (legal) about it. Maybe I'll try a long pole. Well....thank you very much...two horrific days and it turns out to be trees after all. Now if you'll excuse me...I'm off to visit some of my neighbors trees....with a drill and some Bleach! :)

Glad it is working out! You may want to fiddle with the tilt on your dish for 119...the settings listed by your ZIP are always subject to tweaking as you know. I would think 110 would be your problem child of the 3. SAT "C" has always been the fussy one.

EDIT:: Oops ... your getting C ... man that is REALLY odd. do you live in the northern US?

I've always found as an installer.........that if you get the 101 sat and not the other its always a dish point problem unless you have a los prob........try moving the elevation about 1 to 2 degrees up and 2 or 3 drgrees to the west ............its always worked for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts