No 622's till march

MacKenzieIII said:
While I know that Dish tech Support guys make mistakes a number of people have reported being told that the rebate will be for 811 owners (I was told that tonight) and unless you have something official the its all just rumor.

A Dish tech told me the same thing when I first started calling for the 622 upgrade and I am leasing my 811. Now what sense does that make? To give a $200 rebate to leasers? These CSRs are misinforming people plain and simple. The Dish tech who finally set up my order for the 622 told me it was only for the 921 and the 942, and I believe her since she was actually competent enough to get my 622 order in when I made it on Feb 1st (something a lot of people had trouble doing).

Also, the only receivers that were talked about during Charlie Chat as receiving rebates were the 921 and 942. I think it would be great if 811 owners got a rebate too. But right now, it seems like this is a tactic to get some people to delay upgrading to the 622 and then say "whoops, sorry but only 921 and 942 people get the rebate. But you can get a 622 now for the low price of $299!". My money is on that happening but I totally understand not wanting to risk it if you own an 811 and are hearing otherwise. GL to you.

MacKenzieIII said:
unless you have something official the its all just rumor.

The way E* has been changing things up on any whim that hits them lately, I don't even trust "official" much anymore. :rolleyes:

Dish is possibly going to allow us to maybe keep our sanity and perhaps let us upgrade from a demeaning position at a yet unknown date to be determined by the way the cosmos could be aligned sometime in the future.

But you knew that right.

sonnyboy11 said:
A Dish tech told me the same thing when I first started calling for the 622 upgrade and I am leasing my 811. Now what sense does that make? To give a $200 rebate to leasers? These CSRs are misinforming people plain and simple. The Dish tech who finally set up my order for the 622 told me it was only for the 921 and the 942, and I believe her since she was actually competent enough to get my 622 order in when I made it on Feb 1st (something a lot of people had trouble doing).

Also, the only receivers that were talked about during Charlie Chat as receiving rebates were the 921 and 942. I think it would be great if 811 owners got a rebate too. But right now, it seems like this is a tactic to get some people to delay upgrading to the 622 and then say "whoops, sorry but only 921 and 942 people get the rebate. But you can get a 622 now for the low price of $299!". My money is on that happening but I totally understand not wanting to risk it if you own an 811 and are hearing otherwise. GL to you.

I agree there is a lot of bad info that comes from CSRs, and even the guys on the tech support side which 10x smarter than the regular CSRs are still wrong a lot. But at this point with 622 installs pushed so far into the future for most. It seemed like not that big a risk to wait and see if I could get something official out of dish before I commited.

I agree there is a lot of bad info that comes from CSRs, and even the guys on the tech support side which 10x smarter than the regular CSRs are still wrong a lot. But at this point with 622 installs pushed so far into the future for most. It seemed like not that big a risk to wait and see if I could get something official out of dish before I commited.

To be honest, I think waiting is the best thing to do. If you want ESPN2 HD then go for it, but for everything else there is no reason to upgrade. I am hearing that the new VOOM channels is just stuff they were showing on other channels and is all repeats all day long. And Universal HD while nice is just a rehash of old programming.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am hearing that the new VOOM channels is just stuff they were showing on other channels and is all repeats all day long. And Universal HD while nice is just a rehash of old programming.

Correct!

Scott Greczkowski said:
To be honest, I think waiting is the best thing to do. If you want ESPN2 HD then go for it, but for everything else there is no reason to upgrade. I am hearing that the new VOOM channels is just stuff they were showing on other channels and is all repeats all day long. And Universal HD while nice is just a rehash of old programming.

Yes well the sad thing for me is that what I really want is HD Locals, which they have tied to these new HD packages and Mpeg4 recivers. If I was smart I suppose I would have gotten a 211 before Feb 1 and kept my old HD pack plus gotten locals but that is no longer an option. :(

Well if that's the case I'm keeping what I have. Voom is like one big DVR separated into several channels played on a loop. If it wasn't for the news channel I would think they could run that place with one person.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I agree with you on that one Scott. You mentioned ESPN2-HD, but I'm sure that it's not much better than ESPN-HD which I think plays more stuff in 4:3 with the logo bars than anything else. I even think that's probably a waste right now.

I'm staying with my 811 and HD Package for now, and we'll see what Charlie has on the horizon.

With sports on ESPN2 while the HD content is limits it is NEW programming and it is usually not repeated again in HD which is why I mentioned ESPN2 as being a worthwile channel.

But Universal HD showing Nightrider in HD... Oh WOW sign me up for that one. :D

I'm hot to trot to get one now as the New York HD channels are tied to getting the new receiver.

I'm swapping a 4900 for the 622 instead of waiting.

My only concern is the 921. I'm moving it to an SD TV and changing it to 480i output. Is it now going to lose the ability to watch HD channels at all when I move it ?(someone said that when I activate the new Platinum HD tier, my old HD channels would go dark - and since they won't activate mpeg2 hardware for HD, it will wind up turning into an SD only box - not a big deal, but in case I upgrade another TV in the next year or so to HD it could be an issue).

I talked to a TECH this morning at Dish and was asking about upgrading to the VIP622 and he said $299, so I said ok then he said if I wait tell April I would get the $200 rebate. I said, I think thats for the people who own or lease a 921 or 942 (he already knew I had a 811 lease) isn't it. He did some checking and said "no" that I would qualify for the rebate in April! I just wished I knew for sure, I know what I'VE been told here and respect the information as mostly accurate, but what if Dish is indeed doing this, what a delimma! :confused:

They won't go dark

BobMurdoch said:
I'm hot to trot to get one now as the New York HD channels are tied to getting the new receiver.

I'm swapping a 4900 for the 622 instead of waiting.

My only concern is the 921. I'm moving it to an SD TV and changing it to 480i output. Is it now going to lose the ability to watch HD channels at all when I move it ?(someone said that when I activate the new Platinum HD tier, my old HD channels would go dark - and since they won't activate mpeg2 hardware for HD, it will wind up turning into an SD only box - not a big deal, but in case I upgrade another TV in the next year or so to HD it could be an issue).

I have a 921 and activated a 211 3 weeks ago. I then called on 2/1 and added the "metal" package for everything. MY 921 still gets all the "old" HD channels that I had prior to the upgrade... Gerry

Scott Greczkowski said:
But Universal HD showing Nightrider in HD... Oh WOW sign me up for that one. :D

Funny...I wasnt that excited about gettin UHD at all UNTIL I heard they had Knight Rider in HD...I may be the only one out there, but that is one of my all-time favorites! :D

DWS44 said:
Funny...I wasnt that excited about gettin UHD at all UNTIL I heard they had Knight Rider in HD...I may be the only one out there, but that is one of my all-time favorites! :D

You need some serious help. ;) :D

NightRyder

Drone35 said:
I talked to a TECH this morning at Dish and was asking about upgrading to the VIP622 and he said $299, so I said ok then he said if I wait tell April I would get the $200 rebate. I said, I think thats for the people who own or lease a 921 or 942 (he already knew I had a 811 lease) isn't it. He did some checking and said "no" that I would qualify for the rebate in April! I just wished I knew for sure, I know what I'VE been told here and respect the information as mostly accurate, but what if Dish is indeed doing this, what a delimma! :confused:

I have been going back and forth about this in several other threads. Think about it- why the heck would Dish give out $200 to people leasing an 811? That would be an awful lot of money to dole out to everyone with HD for no reason at all (the 811 is their most common receiver for HD subs). I was told with certainty by the rep who did my 622 order that the rebate was only for the 921 and the 942 people. My best guess is they are trying to stall people due to demand by telling them the rebate will apply to everyone if you just wait 2 months. ALL OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH DISH tells me there is NO WAY that will happen. But if I am wrong I will be the first person in here to eat some crow. I personally would not have waited anyway, but that's just me and I understand why it would be hard to pull the trigger if I thought a short wait would net me an extra $200.

Scott, anytime you want to clear this up would be great! :D

NightRyder said:
You need some serious help. ;) :D

NightRyder

Wait a minute, a guy that still drives a car with a flaming chicken painted on the hood is gonna kid HIM about liking Knight Rider reruns??!!???

:shh

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually like the car too....... Although you are contractually obligated to have a girlfriend you call "Frog" sit next to you while you wear a Cherry Red button down shirt and wear a cowboy hat when you drive one.......

Perhaps somebody could get the CSR to make this offer in an email. I've always been under the impression that if such an offer is made that the company making the offer is legally bound, regardless of their announced plans. Oral statements are also binding, but are harder to prove. The arguement that dish would make that the CSR is in error would hold no weight since it is Dish's responsibility to train the CSR.
Patrick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)