no audio on pbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Grampa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Found some good channels for the grandkids on AMC-3 but there is no audio am I doing something wrong, or are they just being mean? Grampa

AC-3 audio

need a audio receiver that can decode it (and your FTA receiver needs to be able to output it)

Montana PBS has regualr audio

the channels that have AC3 audio are the PBS stations (that you found), 2 spanish channels on Galaxy 10 and ImaginAsian on Galaxy 10.

These are the most common ones that are AC-3...there are more but most are on C-Band :)

I would like to get audio on PBS channels, I have the Coolsat 4000 pro. What do I need to buy to do this?

You need an audio system that states it will decode Dolby Digital (perhaps you allready have one). This can be either one of the "all in one" packages you see at places like Walmart or if you have speakers already you could just add a receiver that is capable of DD. You would then need to install the 1.3 update for the Coolsat. However, I can't guarentee that this would work for you, though I have not heard of anyone with the update that is not getting AC3. For more information see:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80565

I found the loader and firmware for 1.3, but I have no idea how to do this. Other then searching the web the computer is greek to me.

It's not too hard. Just connect the cable that came iwth your Coolsat from the receiver to the computer. Then start the loader and load the firmware. Wait until you see the receiver reset before disconnecting.

You need an audio system that states it will decode Dolby Digital Hi, again i am wondering where can I get this, DO you know of name, what is it called?? how much does it cost, thanks

appreciate the help.

A.M

When I went back to download the loader and firmware it was no longer there. Would you please put that link back up for me, I understand I will need it for my Xtv card also. thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)