No audio on YouTube from Hopper

AAASATELLITE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Colorado
Does anyone know how in the heck it is possible to get audio from H3 While watching Hopperchannels but unable to get audio from the same source watching YouTube. I was a Retailer with Dish over 35 years, one-man operation self installations. I’ve never come across this before. The audio is connected to a Bose system with an optical cable directly from the hopper three. H3 Channels have normal audio but nothing from H3 YouTube app. Somebody help please. I’m visiting my family in Florida With two days left. They have a huge Samsung flatscreen approximately five years old.
Any ideas???

How is the audio on the other apps like FX and ESPN?
They are not getting any hopper app audio through the Bose because the Bose is connected directly the hopper. However they do get Bose audio from Hopper’s Netflix and prime video apps. And also I just realized this is not an H3. it is as a hopper with sling. And it is running three wireless Joeys. If I use the TV audio source I can get sound from hopper’s YouTube app
It’s really freaky.

They are not getting any hopper app audio through the Bose because the Bose is connected directly the hopper. However they do get Bose audio from Hopper’s Netflix and prime video apps. And also I just realized this is not an H3. it is as a hopper with sling. And it is running three wireless Joeys. If I use the TV audio source I can get sound from hopper’s YouTube app
It’s really freaky.
Maybe I didn’t understand your question. The only ESPN and fx apps only come from the smart TV they have. But no audio from any TV apps unless using TV audio source.

Maybe I didn’t understand your question. The only ESPN and fx apps only come from the smart TV they have. But no audio from any TV apps unless using TV audio source.
I know I could hook up an optical cable from the TV optical out to the Bose and get sound from all sources but not practical with the way this is set up. I have to take a lot of things apart to get to the TV and the Bose. I believe dish set this up years ago.

Well, my father watches YouTube on his H3 by having a wireless headset that has its transmitter connected directly to the Hopper optical port, so your setup should work in theory.

First thing I would try is hard resetting everything if you have not done so already (and yes, I mean everything). Next, I would disable Dolby audio on the Hopper (Home x2 > Settings > Audio Output), this gave me problems with certain channels audio when I was first setting up the headset so it might be the problem here.

Otherwise you might have a defective Hopper and it might be time to contact Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, my father watches YouTube on his H3 by having a wireless headset that has its transmitter connected directly to the Hopper optical port, so your setup should work in theory.

First thing I would try is hard resetting everything if you have not done so already (and yes, I mean everything). Next, I would disable Dolby audio on the Hopper (Home x2 > Settings > Audio Output), this gave me problems with certain channels audio when I was first setting up the headset so it might be the problem here.

Otherwise you might have a defective Hopper and it might be time to contact Dish.
I had not tried the hard reset option yet but I’ll give it a try. I did try the Dolby option but that didn’t mak any difference. Thanks for the advice. I’ll let you know if the reset worked.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)