no audio when viewing signal strenth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boilermiker

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
California - High Desert
Hello,
My receivers are working fine, but...

I have an HR21-200 connected to a SLIM 5 dish at home. DIRECTV installed it. I get signal strength 97, but there is no audio tone when I am viewing signal strength.
I also tailgate this receiver into my RV, and can get my dish aligned pretty quick since I've done this a lot, but again, I get no audio tone when aligning.
It would be easier to align if I got tone.

Any idea what's going on? I didn't see any particular setting that's required, other than to simply select the receiver during signal strentgh monitoring. thanks!

I don't think the newer ones have done that since they came out, I know it shows the audio on the screen, but I've never had it work either.

The older rec. use to have the tone, not sure, but I don
t recall ever having the tone available for any D* branded rec.

The old RCA's, Sony's and Hughes I know did have it working.

Jimbo

I keep an old Hughes for tuning. That sucker lets the whole neighborhood know another happy soul has joined the DTV family.

Or you could just call the customer and ask whet the numbers are.

Joe

when you are viewing signal stength you should have a signal meter at the bottom which you can select that should have audio

thank you all

I appreciate the feedback.
This 'no audio" question was aimed at my RV use. I'm traveling pretty low-tech with no HD in the RV, and just a single LNB (dual output) with 18" oval dish. There's only about 5' of good quality RG6 between dish and receiver.
Receiver-to-TV is component cable.
Using my separately-installed elevation meter I can usually get the dish aligned without even a compass - just a few passes left and right to fine tune.
But I think the HR21 is slower to grab the signal, or maybe more particular. So I have used an in-line signal meter when I can't grab the satellite pretty quickly, and that helps a lot.

I had an older SONY receiver that came with a Sony dish, and that dish had an LED on the LNB that would flash when aligning, along with audio from the receiver. That unit was REALLY easy to align.

Interesting that some of you have had some tone, even if intermittently. I can get aligned, so I have no real problem here. But this will probably bug me until I figure it out. thanks again...

That's what I thought, but no-go. I can select the receiver or transponders, but not the actual signal level "bar" showing signal strength; clicking the receiver toggles to the 2nd receiver, and no audio there either. but thank you...

WEIRD i just checked for my self and it doesnt work must have something to do with new upgrades because it has worked before

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts